IRA--Naples ques

Old Oct 26th, 2003, 01:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IRA--Naples ques

Hi Ira,
Sorry to bother you about this hotel business again but I was wondering if you saw the Costantinopoli 104 hotel when you were in Naples? It looks to be near Piazza Bellini. It looks good on their website. It is more than I wanted to pay but I am now considering it. The hotel has a large stained glass window on it. Thanks
Old Oct 26th, 2003, 02:00 PM
ira

Hi Mimipam,

What website did you use?

I looked up the hotel. One map showed it across from the Albergo Sansevero.

Another site (http://www.ase.net/servlet/DisplayHotel/21720821) showed what appears to be the hotel that shares the courtyard with the Sansevero. My wife agrees.

If this is it, we thought it looked very nice when we saw it.

What are they asking?
Old Oct 26th, 2003, 02:04 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for responding. Website is www.costantinopoli104.it. The site says 150 E for a double. I have sent an email and asked about it. I won't be surprised if the price is more.
Old Oct 26th, 2003, 02:09 PM
ira

Hi mimi,

If it is the same place, that looks like the right price.
Old Oct 26th, 2003, 02:20 PM
dln

Mimipam, two of the prettiest outdoor cafes in Naples are in the Piazza Bellini. Don't miss!

Old Oct 26th, 2003, 02:24 PM
Original Poster

Ira,
Thank you so much. I was not familiar with the website ase.net and it looks like one I will want to look at in the future. You have surely been a great asset for me while I am planning this trip. I have printed your trip report and will be referring to it. Thanks again. GRAZIE MILLE

dln--I hope to see (and eat at) both of them
Old Oct 27th, 2003, 05:52 AM
ira

Hi mimipam,

The Pizza Bellini is just opposite the Via Porte Alba just past the Piazza Bellini. Well worth a visit or two.

They make very good seafood steamed in parchment. I think their specialty is mussels with linguini. Their pizza is also very good.

They have a lemon cake flavored with limoncello and topped with whipped cream flavored with Amalfi Coast lemon zest that is heavenly.
Old Oct 27th, 2003, 06:01 AM
Original Poster

Hi Ira,
Thanks for the info. I have received a reply back from Costantinopoli and they have quoted E170 which does not surprise me since I am booking in 2004. I wish it were not so much but think I will go for it anyway since it is the best location for what I want to do. Will probably be eating at Pizza Bellini because it looks so close and you have rec it. Did you book your hotels directly or go through a "discount" site?
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 07:43 AM
SRS

Topping.

Mimipam - I know this is a really old thread, (and there's a big chance you won't notice it) but did you end up staying at Costantinopoli 104? I am curious as to what you thought.

Thanks,
Sally
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 08:34 AM
ira

Hi sally,

You are more likely to get a response if you post a new thread with the hotel's name in it.

Old Mar 18th, 2005, 09:19 AM

But Ira, it sure would be nice if posters with questions who get so many answers from others, like you, posted after the trip to let others know what they thought etc. I notice this happens often (or should I say does not happen)
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 09:50 AM
SRS

Ira,

You are so right. I should have posted it with a new title, but I was hoping that this might catch mimipam's attention. I will post it again soon.

Thank you.
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 06:37 AM
Original Poster

Hi Sally,
Yes we stayed at the Costantinopoli and we really liked it. It is very nice, the breakfast was good and they were helpful in getting us a guide for the arch museum. We wanted to stay in this area because of location and it was a great place for us. Did you look at their website? If you can't find it I will try to locate it again for you, Let me know. Happy travels!
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 06:47 AM
SRS

mimipam,

Thanks for responding - I was hoping that you'd see this message. I did see their website

I'm glad to hear your experience was a good one!

Were you there during the time of year when the pool would have been open? If so, what did you think of it?

I am doing some super early planning for next year (late Aug/Early Sept. 2006).

We are thinking of spending 4 days/nights in Naples (including arrival day from NYC), then spending 1 night with relatives in Caserta, and finally spending 4 nights in Positano.

With 4 days in Naples, we figure we will only see the higlights, but hopefully this will give us enough time to see Pompeii, arch. museum, and lots of churhes. Plus we really are looking forward to the pizza and coffee (two of our favorite foods).

Did you happen to see either of the suites at Constantinopoli? We were thinking about the garden suite. Or perhaps one of the garden rooms becuase they look into the pool area?

Thanks again!
Sally
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 08:53 AM
Original Poster

In response to LoveItaly: I am one of those who never posted a trip report. I did however report back on the hotels we stayed in to give my opinion. I have notes and planned a trip report but shortly before we left on our trip we had a family crisis that was full blown by our return. (which is by the way ongoing and one we will have to "live with" I guess)This same "crisis" caused us to have to cancel our next trip. Then my father was ill and died. By then I deemed it too late to be a very current report. In the meantime I have given my opinion on several things. Just thought some of you would like to know there is sometimes a reason for not posting a report (which takes considerable time). Sorry if this is soooo long but I guess I am saying that sometimes we are critical without knowing all the facts. Also, I do appreciate those of you who do post a report. Ira was a valuable resource for my Italy trip as were others of you. Thanks.