Ira-Florence Question

Search

Ira-Florence Question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2003, 05:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ira-Florence Question

I was able to get reservations at the B&B Peterson for Nov. 19-25 and thank you for your previous helpful hints. I was wondering if you had any need to do laundry while on your vacation and if you noticed any self-service laundrymats close to the B&B while you were in Florence? I am trying to limit myself to one 26" suitcase for 9 days total but packing for colder weather means your clothes take up more space. If I knew I could easily do some wash I'd stop worrying. Also, any other area tips you could give me would be welcome. Thanks.
Old Nov 4th, 2003, 06:39 AM

I'm not Ira, but if you type "laundry in Florence" and click Italy in the search function, you'll get a couple of threads including a very recent one that discussed laundry options and locations in depth.
Old Nov 4th, 2003, 07:58 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Patrick, I did check this web site when it was posted and did not see anything close. I was just hoping that perhaps Ira used a laundry or saw one close by in his daily travels!
Old Nov 4th, 2003, 08:21 AM
ira

Hi ee,

I think that you will not be disappointed.

We didn't use it, but there is a laundermat not to far from the B&B.

Lavarapido ad Acqua
Via della Scala 52/54R open 0800 ? 2200. 3E/load

I think that they will do your laundry for you.

Other tips:

The cafe right on the corner at Via Cittadella has very good coffee, cornetti and panzini. You can get bus tickets and a Domestic phone card here. He is closed Sunday.

About a block farther down toward the train station on the right is a little grocer for fresh fruits and bottled juices and water.

About one block past Via F Rosselli on the left is a small shop with the large white letters DFC (I think). This is the railroad staff cafeteria. You can also get pastries, sandwiches and coffee here. It has an Internet Point. (3.65E for 1 hr).

Also, if you just walk in and keep going straight you will come to a stairway that takes you to the train station. Just cross the tracks and go right. Saves the traffic on Via L Alamanni as well as some stairs.

The no.13 bus stops in front of the hotel. It will take you to the Pzza Michaelangelo and back home.

There is a nearby ATM and a pay phone. Exit the hotel and go left to the corner. Go left. The pay phone takes phone cards.

Have a wonderful trip. Say hello to Mr Ancillotti for me.
Old Nov 4th, 2003, 08:57 AM
Original Poster

Ira, thanks so much for the info. I had forgotten to ask about ATM's and that was a question I had. I can't wait