Old Oct 24th, 2000, 05:37 PM
Marta

Internet Cafes or internet Access

Where can I find Internet Cafes in France,
especially in Provence, Avignon, Aix, and
Paris? Are they easy to find.....

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 05:39 PM
joan

I would first contact any internet offices in the States. They may have listings for the large cities. Many of these cafes in Italy have posters up in the train stations.

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 05:51 PM
nancy

Hi Marta, In my experience,most cities have Internet cafes'.There is a book that lists the Internet cafes all over the world!It is probably available in a
Barnes and Noble or similar bookstore. I take it with me when ever I travel .I have foound that many of the internet places have names that would not lead you to believe thay were internet cafes.

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 06:50 PM
elvira

A list of internet cafes/rental places in Paris I pulled from a French website was pretty worthless - closed, moved, not open the hours specified. Fortunately, two places that USED to have internet spaces (Galeries Lafayette and the Virgin Megastore) directed me to other ones. And then one opened just a few doors from where I lived.
Next time, I'll ask at similar places - computer stores, internet providers, and anyplace technos work or hang out!

Near Champs Elysees, the cost was 40ff an hour; at the place in my neighborhood, it was 25ff.

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 07:30 PM
Louise

Hi Marta, try netcafeguide.com or cybercaptive.com for addresses of cyber cafes all over the world.

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 11:32 PM
Angela

Marta
Also try
www.easyeverything.com
This is an initiative from the owner of the low cost easyjet to step into the internet cafe market. They are opening one in Paris ?when. If you go to the web site you will be able to find locations.
Angela

Old Oct 25th, 2000, 04:07 AM
Mary Ann

Sometimes the hotel you stay at may provide access, or know where to find one. When we were in Budapest, ours did not but the Hilton across the street did. If we had been a guest, use would have been free. I think we paid a small fee for 15 minutes of use. We did get a cafe listing off the internet before we left. We used one listed in Nice, asking the hotel how to get there. There were two listed for the Champs Ely. near the Arc in Paris. One had closed the other was a restaurant that let guests use them as a courtesy during lunch and nonguests outside the lunch rush times. In Prague, they were cropping up all over and people had signs out advertising their cyber links which made it really easy.

Old Oct 25th, 2000, 06:34 AM
Patrick

I went this summer armed with lists of internet sites I had downloaded. But most of them seemed a waste of time --not near us, couldn't find them, gone, whatever. But I never had a problem finding one nearby. Usually the hotel will know -- it is a frequent request. Or stop in any store that sells computers, software, cell phones (those stores are EVERYWHERE), or even a bookstore, and they will almost always know where there is an internet cafe nearby. France is a little tricky as most of the keyboards are totally rearranged, but we found a couple of internet cafes in France that feature some or all of their computers with "American" style keyboards.

Old Oct 25th, 2000, 07:25 AM
Rex

I think that Patrick is partly right - - the cybercafe business is very "fluid" - - and the information does get outdated quickly. Still, for smaller towns, some information ahead of time may be better than none.

Go to www.netcafeguide.com (there are other listings on yahoo cyberfaces as well) - - while it looks lile they are primarily trying to sell you their book, they actually give you all the same info for free on their website.

And in France in partucular, France Telecom is increasingly putting internet machines in hotel lobbies that work off a telecarte (why don't we have these everywhere in America?) - - I'm not sure if they are in EVERY Ibis hotel (a low-cost lodging chain - - you'll see them everywhere), but they are in many, I think.

Best wishes,

Rex