Internet cafes around Opera in Paris

Old May 3rd, 2014, 04:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Internet cafes around Opera in Paris

We are staying at the Hyatt Vendome(0n points) in the Opera area- need to know where we can access the internet. Hotel may be very expensive and we do not carry smart phones or our on laptops/tablets. We want to be able to check our flight departures etc.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 08:52 AM

Bill, did you get the Hyatt credit card? If so, it makes you a Platinum member and you therefore get free internet access in your room at the hotel.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 09:15 AM

According to their website they have a business center with computers in the hotel. Doesn't say they are free bu I bet they have at least one with internet access for free:

http://paris.vendome.hyatt.com/en/ho...-services.html

Otherwise we have used Milk cybercafe nearby:

http://www.milklub.com/wp/?lang=en
Old May 3rd, 2014, 09:21 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Most internet cafés have disappeared from the center of the city, except for the "Milk" chain. In outer Paris, there are still tons of places for people with no computers at home. One hour generally costs 1 euro in these places -- you will not find this sort of price in central Paris.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 10:40 AM

That's true, there just aren't that many any more as most people have their own computer. I don't travel with one, and just use internet cafes in Paris, but don't stay around the Opera so don't know one there.

I have used Cybercube in Montparnasse on rue Odessa just last year. They have several others around Paris. They used to have one in the Bastille area at 12, rue Daval, and one n the Latin Qtr. I've also used one I like on bd Beaumarchais north of the Bastille column, right side of street around Chemin Vert metro stop, but not sure it's still there.

There is one at 1, place Republique, Cybersquare, also, but its rates are higher than I pay elsewhere, I think (about 6 euro per hour) http://www.cybersquare-paris.com/
It's on the SW corner of the place.

The closest one to you might be Cyber Cafe Mondial near the Rome metro stop (80, rue Rome). I don't think there are any around the Opera and that business area.

I don't stay in a hotel that fancy, and even it has a free computer for guests to use to check planes, etc. I suspect your hotel is really your best and most convenient option. Ill admit I never check my flight departures anyway, I fly Air France and they've had the same schedule for flight times for years and years. But it's a good thing to do, if you can, of course. In fact, a couple years ago I stayed in Paris at a hotel that didn't have a computer for guests, but the desk clerk still was willing to check my flight times for me on his computer.