Internet Access in the Dordogne

Jul 13th, 2004, 03:27 AM
Original Poster

Internet Access in the Dordogne

Will be staying in St Cyprien in the Dordogne for a couple of weeks, leaving behind a business in the UK. I will need to access emails etc periodically does anyone know of a cybercafe in St Cyprien, Le Bugue etc??? Hoping there's somewhere with a good coffee machine!! Many thanks
Jul 13th, 2004, 03:50 AM

If you're renting a villa, it's never wise to assume there'll be convenient internet cafes in la France Profonde. The Syndicat d'initiative websites for St Cyprien and Le Bugue don't list one.

Email them ([email protected]). But if it were me and my business depended on it, I'd get the GPRS card Vodaphone are currently advertising, plug it in the laptop and take that with me. Or get a Blackberry.

Even if there turn out not to be any emails that couldn't have waited, beats driving all the way to somewhere like Sarlat every couple of days. And beats the panic when, as happened in a French ski resort last year and an Australian mountain resort this year, the "borne internet" turned out not to work.

And if you're in a valley, a GPRS toy gives you a great excuse to walk to the top of the hill to get better reception.
Jul 13th, 2004, 03:53 AM
Original Poster

Yes, had already tried the local tourist offices (awaiting a reply to email) and the Post Office hasn't got access. Thanks for the advice we were hoping to avoid the hassle of a plug-in!
Jul 13th, 2004, 05:22 AM

We stayed in Le Bugue in May and found internet access at the tourist office in Le Bugue....no coffee there, however.
Have a great 2 weeks. We loved St. Cyprien!
Jul 13th, 2004, 05:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Judy, never mind about the coffee!!! Have visited the area twice before and just love it but have never left my business before, I just need that email reassurance!