Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intenerary Help in Paris

Friday:
Eiffel (get here at 9am)
Rodin musuem(have lunch at the gardens)
Musee d'Orsay
Champs-Élysées(walk around)
Arc de Triomph(end the night?)

Sunday: I am not sure if these is the best way to break it up...
Sainte-Chapelle
Notre Dame Cathedral
Buci(flea market)
Luxembourg
Pantheon

I was wondering if this is the most efficent to visit these sities in order?

thanks fodorites!
Old May 12th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Original Poster

I am also doing Chateau Versailles on Saturday inbetween these two days.. what would be recommend after a day there?
Old May 12th, 2010, 09:15 AM

SUnday is fine, those sites aren't that far apart anyway (I mean if you put Luxembourg/Pantheon before or after the island wouldn't matter. Not sure what you mean about Buci which is a street with some expensive permanent food shops on it. It isn't a flea market. YOu might want to walk around there, there are lots of shops in that area, but if you want a flea market, you'll have to go elsewhere. If you do go over that way, before or after the Pantheon, again, doesn't matter.

Friday looks good to me, you are going in the right direction. I wouldn't want to go to two museums in one day, but if you do, fine. At least I wouldn't go to two art museums in one day, I might go to an art and other kind of museums (like the Rodin and Invalides, which is the military museum). I haven't been up on the Arc, but I've heard it has a good view, and viewing the street at night when it and the monuments are lit up would be a good idea.

Versailles is a long day, you might just take that evening to walk around an area you like and relax, have a nice dinner, drinks watching the Seine or something -- you could go on a Seine cruise at night.
Old May 12th, 2010, 09:56 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I think the Rodin and D'Orsay are fine in one day as they are so different. I'd end Fri. night with a Seine cruise----magical.

Sat. evening after Versailles, I'd head for the Seine around Notre Dame, have dinner, maybe on St. Louis en Ile or around St. Michel. After 9pm it's quite lively and fun on the streets there(as I've said in so many posts).

Now the Fri. cruise and the Sat. night around Notre Dame could be exchanged, both weekend nights are great along the Seine.

Sun. I'd do Place Vosges in the Marais, especially if the weather is nice and you want to be outside (instead of The Pantheon----Pantheon is nice, but I'd save it for another trip), then a walk down St. Louis en Isle to Notre Dame and St. Chapelle(depending on the lines whether to go inside), and then over to Luxemborg Gardens fantastic on Sundays via the Buci(cute shops and cafes), or reverse ending at Plac e Vosges.

If this is your first trip to Paris, you will remember Place Vosges more than the Pantheon----but then maybe you've been to Place Vosges before. The Pantheon clock is quite interesting.

Anyway, just my take on things. Whatever you do, I'm sure you will love Paris. We'll be watching for your trip report.
Old May 12th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Original Poster

I was thinking of doing this on Tuesday:

Place des Vosges
Parc des Buttes Chaumont(park)
Ile St Louis(walk)
Marais(dinner)

I'm still not sure.. if I should add attractions and move stuff into this day since it's just walks

Back to Sunday:
Should I start off Sainte or Notre?
Should I just take out Buci?

Sainte-Chapelle
Notre Dame Cathedral
Buci
Luxembourg
Pantheon

One other question... Can I just go to Rodin Gardens just for lunch or do I have to go to the musuem regardless.. I mean I will have a Paris Musuem Pass but I was wondering if i still have to wait in line for the musuem if I am only going to the Garden
Old May 12th, 2010, 12:05 PM

Tues you are jumping around a bit. Ile St Louis is right next to Notre Dame and St Chapelle, so why not lump these together.

Place DV to Butte and back to Marais...not agood order. I'd start day at Buttes, lunch at PdV, then wander Marais, dinner

Pantheon..is not exciting, but it fits with your plans

You can now get Eiffel tickets on line, so that might help. Night Seine crusie..yes!
Old May 12th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Original Poster

fri:
Eiffel(what time should I book my ticket for.. any suggestions?)
Rodin
Musee d'Orsay
Champs-Élysées
Arc de Triomph

sun:
Sainte-Chapelle
Notre Dame Cathedral
Ile- St Louis

tues:
Parc des Buttes Chaumont
Place des Vosges
Marais

Now where do I fit these in fri sun or tuesday?:
Buci
Luxembourg
Pantheon

Should I put the in Musee d'Orsay in another day since friday seems to be packed?
Old May 12th, 2010, 01:56 PM

I'd suggest just playing it by ear. None of them are that far from what you have planned so you could just visit one if you find that you have some extra time.

I don't think Friday is packed, personally. How much time do you plan to spend looking at the Eiffel Tower? The Rodin will take an hour or two. What do you plan to do on the CE, just wander or serious shopping? And the Arc, do you plan to walk the steps or just look at it? If you plan that you are spending a lot of time at these, then maybe skip the Orsay. If you plan to just look, it won't take much time. Or you could visit the Orsay, walk across the river then head down the CE at an easy pace and end up a the Arc. As you are wandering look for an interesting place for dinner and make a reservation for later in the evening. Just my thoughts.

You could wander rue Buci after you return from Versailles and find a place for dinner there, lots of options just look for one that catches your eye. Not sure what you are planning for there, it has interesting shops and restaurants though.

It's all doable and I think you have plenty of time for everything on your list. It is good to just leave some time to chance and take the opportunity to just sit for a bit at an outdoor cafe sipping a kir and soaking it all in.

Have fun!
Old May 13th, 2010, 08:56 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I agree with cls2paris----stay loose and enjoy what you are doing, you'll fit it all in.

I'd definitely fit Lux. Gardens in on Sunday. As I said above, it's the best day in the park. Lots of music and maybe have a bite or drink at the outdoor cafe.