Reload this Page >

Information on Spain

Search

Information on Spain

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 1997, 12:25 PM
Angela

Information on Spain

I am going to Spain and I need some information. Any information is needed!

Old Apr 4th, 1997, 10:55 AM
Cesar

Angela,

Are you traveling to Spain? If you could be a little
more specific about the kind of information you are
seeking, perhaps I may be able to help you. Thanks Cesar.

Old Apr 4th, 1997, 12:09 PM
Angela

I am sorry for the small amount of information that I gave you. The bell was about to go at the time and I had to be quick. Here is some more information: I am going to Spain in the fall, as a student. I would like as much information as possible. I will be over there for almost four complete months. Mostly, I will be going to school, but I will also be doing some travelling abroad. Thanks for any information.

Old Apr 4th, 1997, 01:20 PM
Cesar

Angela,

There are so many beautiful places to visit in Spain. Where are you going in Spain? Are you going to the south, central or north of Spain. If you are going to the south, then you should go to Sevilla. Sevilla has many buildings of architectural significance and the people there are extremely friendly. If you happen to be in Madrid (central Spain), then you have to do the museums (Museo del Prado, Museo Thyssen, Centro de Arte Reina Sofia, Palacio Real,etc.) In these museums you will be able to see paintings from old masters like- Goya, Velasquez, El Greco- to more contemporary artist like Picasso, Dali, Miro,etc. Since you are going to Spain for 4 months, it is problably wise to learn a little castilian. Although most businesses (restaurants, schools) have people that speak english very well, Spaniards really appreciate when a tourist tries to speak their language. A simple Hola! or Que tal! will get you a long way. Nightclubs to go in Madrid: Archy's, Joy Slava, Tropicosta. I hope this information is helpful to you. Thanks Cesar.

Old Apr 27th, 1997, 02:07 PM
Howard Cogan

I noticed your reply re: Spain and since you seem very well versed about the country, I thought I might inquire as to any comments or suggestions you might have on our trip to Malaga (time Sharing exchange) in May. We have a rental car and plan on taking a trip to Gibralter and Tanger.

Old May 5th, 1997, 07:10 AM
Karla Larson

I am going to Madrid in August....any suggestions about where to stay would be most appreciated!

I have gathered from some of the posts, that a rental car is really not needed. Walking is preferred, so I assume most things are in close proximity? When not walking, what transportation is recommended?

Also, I am curious if someone has been to Madrid recently if you would know whether or not the British American Hospital (located near the Plaza de Cristo Rey is still there? I was born in that hospital and would love to see it again!

Old May 7th, 1997, 02:58 PM
Ellie

I am going to Spain at the end of May, and have arranged for a rental car. I am a liitle curious about the rods in Spain, as I plan to drive from Madrid to Barcelona, and then on the the SOuth of France. any imput you can offer re: driving in spain and the South of France would be appreciated.

Old Jun 8th, 1997, 06:32 AM
msooh

You need to be more specific. WHERE are you going in Spain? What part of the year? County? Purpose?

Old Jun 9th, 1997, 08:02 PM
lori

You seem to know Spain really well. I am travelling to Valencia in July and would like to know what unusual,child-friendly, adventures you reccomend. We are staying in the mountains about 45 min. away.

Old Jun 10th, 1997, 03:17 AM
Abdul Hilal

Please anybody, I'm travelling to Madrid soon, I would like to know good paces to stay, close to where everything is happening, Museums, romantic night spots etc.($60-$90 a night). Any places a must to visit while spain apart from Madrid. Thanks.

Old Jun 10th, 1997, 11:55 AM
tim norris

message for Adul: Stay anywhere for that price from Plaza Mayor to the Prado and you should be more than comfortable. My recommendation for trips close to Madrid are Segovia, Salamanca, and Toledo. All these towns you should try to stay in if you have the time. Spain is a country varied in history and culture...Moorish in the south, medieval and Baroque in the north, ancient churches along the northern coast...get a plan before you go for excursions outside of Madrid as driving or train times can eat up your vacation. Good Travels. Tim.

Old Jun 10th, 1997, 02:57 PM
Randy Freeman

I am looking for history on Spain specifically for the following cities;

Costa Brava, Barcelona, Pamplona, San Sebastian..

any help would be very much appreciated.

Randy Freeman

Old Jun 10th, 1997, 10:26 PM
Abdul Hilal

Message for Tim: I appreciate you giving the information, I'll make sure I make a plan before living, Thanks again.

Old Jun 20th, 1997, 06:18 PM
Fred Schwartz

I noticed your questions about Malaga. I just booked a timeshare in Malaga for Oct. I would love to hear about your trip! Which timeshare did you stay in. Did you play golf? What was your favorite place to eat etc. Fred