Inexpensive Hotel????

Sep 1st, 2003, 12:00 PM
Original Poster

Inexpensive Hotel????

I am planning my first trip to Zurich next month and am looking for a hotel for around CHF125.00 per night or so? I am really on a tight budget. I prefer private bath, and a clean hotel near the sights of the city. Any suggestions???????
Sep 1st, 2003, 12:07 PM

aa777flyer,

"Any suggestions???????"

Yes, put Zurich in your header so everybody knows what you are asking about. Your header could be for anyplace in Europe.

C
Sep 1st, 2003, 01:35 PM

Just curious. What is CHF125.00?
Sep 1st, 2003, 01:47 PM
hsv

DougP,

CHF 125,00 is (who would guess...) Swiss Francs (being the Swiss currency...) 125,00 - in words: onehundredtwentyfive Swiss Francs.

aa777flyer,

you might try Hotel Scheuble or Hotel Olympia.
I have no experience regarding these places, but they are being offered by German Tour Operator DERtours at € 133,- for Hotel Scheuble and € 109,- for Hotel Olympia.
I suppose, standards of both will be rather acceptable as DERtours is a well established and respectable company in the market. Both hotels are listed as 3 star properties, so should provide private bathrooms and be reasonably clean.
Sep 1st, 2003, 01:56 PM
hsv

aa777flyer,

I have checked the web and at least Hotel Scheuble might exceed your budget restrictions-

but I have found a four star property called Hotel Senator for CHF 125,- including breakfast through

www.hrs.de

This is a website you shoud try- it is available in 25 languages and offers a few properties below that amount!

Regards
hsv
Sep 1st, 2003, 02:01 PM

777, I just checked out www.biddingfortravel.com for hotels in Zurich that Priceline uses. Here are the hotels in Zurich city center:

5 Star
Marriott

4 Star
Swissotel Zurich

3 Star
Novotel Zurich City - Technopark

Recent successful PL bids reported at BFT:
Marriott $75
Swissotel $75

Hope this helps. If you need help bidding on PL, let us know. Someone will help you.
Sep 1st, 2003, 02:47 PM

I have not stayed at these, but found them mentioned within this forum... they look possible to me...
www.st-josef.ch
http://www.martahaus.ch/
Sep 6th, 2003, 05:39 AM
jmw

Hi aa777flyer. If you're still looking, try the websites
bnb.ch and rooms.ch

(bed and breakfasts and the association of good hotels for the economy-minded) Both organizations have good reputations. J.

Sep 6th, 2003, 07:01 AM
Intrepid

Frankly, if you can get those kinds of prices on some of those hotels mentioned in the priceline reply I'd go for it. Forget about B+B's unless that's the sort of establishment you prefer...all Swiss hotels have a reputation for being clean even if some of them are a bit "Spartan" in terms of accommodations and amenities. I think you'll find fewer nasty surprises there than in other countries in Europe hotel-wise.

Sep 14th, 2003, 07:02 AM

If you're still looking for an affordable hotel without sacrificing quality, I would suggest Etap at 79 - 89 CHF per night (www.etaphotel.com).

Another option is Ibis at 99 - 119 CHF (www.ibishotel.com).

Both are nice, basic hotels, owned by Accor Hotels (www.accorhotels.com), but you'll find them to be clean and consistent regardless of what city you are in. Breakfast is usually extra. Often the hotels are located near the airport or train station.

We've stayed in various Accor Hotels in Barcelona, Munich, Geneva, Vienna, Montpellier, and Nice over the last two years.