Notices

Inexpensive Accommodation in Paris

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 11:40 AM
julia

Inexpensive Accommodation in Paris

On really tight budget. Has anyone found clean accommodation in Paris for max $50/Cdn. Have found listings in Let's Go and Lonely Planet with hotels in this range. If anyone has stayed in these establishments let me know, any leads would be helpful. Will be arriving 8 pm at Charles De Gaulle and don't want to spend hours searching for a room on location. Would like to try and arrange something from here. Thanks.

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 11:57 AM
AVIVA

HAVE YOU TRIED THE WEBSITE http://WWW.PARISHOTELBOOKINGSITE:HOT...OMPARISON.COM? THEY LIST HOTELS FROM 1 STAR TO 4 STARS. AVIVA

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 01:48 PM
Randy

Julia: Here are a few web sites for you: http://www.parishotels.com/ and http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/aboutengl.htm and http://www.paris.org/Hotels/ The last site, paris.org has a very complete list of hotels in Paris.

Three years ago I stayed at the Lux Hotel, 8 Avenue Corbera, Paris. Metro: Gare de Lyon and I think we only paid about 250F for a double. Paris.org has the telephone numbers.

A friend of mine is a French teacher and he and his students stay at the Hotel Jean Bart every spring. The price is about the same and it is located only two blocks west of the Luxemborg Gardens. They only have a phone and they only speak French. I have another friend who stayed there last year and they also felt it was a great value. You can also get more information at paris.org. Go to the Alpha index to find a particular hotel.
Hope this is of some help.

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 02:13 PM
deb

I stayed at Hotel Stella, which I found in Let's Go. It was apporx $66 cdn. It looked like the room had not been dusted in about 6 months, but after a 5 night stay, we found the room to be comfortable. If you can only spend 50 max, you should consider staying in hostel..

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 02:24 PM
Melissa

My sister likes to use www.hotelboulevard.com. You can check out other patron's comments on the hotels, which is very helpful.

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 03:52 PM
xxx

I wouldn't arrive in Paris, especially at night without a reservation at a hotel.

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 04:02 PM
StCirq

Julia:

There is at least one convent/abbey in Paris that lets rooms for about $20 a night, but I can't for the life of me remember the name(s). Perhaps a web search would yield some results. These places are obviously clean and safe, though probably spare. I know there was a discussion of these on the Delphi francophile forum, and if I can do a search there (almost as iffy as doing one on Fodor's) and get the name and address/tel. no, I'll let you know.

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 10:54 AM
elaine

here are some more sources that include info on hostels
www.paris-tourism.com
www.hostelseurope.com/
www.hostelwatch.com/hostels/welcome.html
www.eurotrip.com/hostels
www.mije.com
www.hostels.com
www.hiayh.org

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 11:15 AM
Christina

I'm not sure you'll find much decent at that price in a hotel, maybe around US50-60 you can, but CAD50 is awfully low for other than a hostel. However, I think the one-star Delhy's hotel in St-Germain is decent and clean, bath down hall, but even that is around 400F, I think. I'd suggest you look at the budget listings in www.timeout.com, they give good reviews and have a good list, I'd trust them a lot more than Let's Go.

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 03:46 AM
Luis

Julia:

If you need an inexpensive palce to stay in Paris, try the HOTEL DES ARTS: 8 rue Coypel-75013 Paris tel: 1 47 07 76 32. I have stayed there and it's a nice, tidy hotel with rooms for about 360 FRF (about $47 USD). Ask for Annie, the head clerk, she's a joy to deal with!

Regards..

Luis

Old Aug 15th, 2001, 11:20 AM
Michael

Hi, If you are willing to stay in a hostel you might check out one of these places listed:

Bed and Breakfast (this seems to be what it calls itself) only 89 francs located at 42 rue Poissonniere, Paris 75002 tel: 01 40 26 83 08 fax: 01 40 26 87 91
e-mail: [email protected]
I know nothing about this place but it does say it's located in the heart of Paris(true) and that the rooms have from 6 to 10 beds.
Auberge Internationale des Jeunes 10 rue Trusseau, Paris 75011 (not the heart of Paris but close) this is a hostel-rooms with 2,3 or 4 beds it says that breakfast is included price: 91francs from the months of March to October (all other months 81francs) tel:01 47 00 62 00
web address/e-mail: http://www.aijparis.com - [email protected]

Three Youth Hotels 6 rue de Fourcy Paris 75004 (interesting part of town) tel:01 42 74 23 45 www.mije.com - e-mail: [email protected]
Price quoted as "from 140 francs"
The Association des Etudiants Protestants des Paris is in the 6th arrondissement. They cater to students from 18 years old to 30. They are located in a slightly run-down building opposite the Jardins du Luxembourg: 46 rue de Vangirard (0146332330-fax0146342709)
BVJ Quarter Latin 44 rue des Bernardins in the 5th (phone0143293480) (there are locations for the BVJ's but this first one may be closest to the University) The other is BVJ Louvre 20 rue Jean-Jacques-Rousseau in the 1st.
CHEAP hostels that's:Centre d'Hebergement Economique a Paris have various locations in the city. The one closest to the University area is Young and Happy Hostel(sounds good) 80 rue Mouffetard in the 5th. This is a very fun street by the way. (0145350953/fax0147072224)
Can't say that any of these are clean, but they are cheap!
Good luck.
Sincerely,
Michael