Ignore advice to avoid Avis-UK

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I previously posted advice to avoid Avis UK because they use the DCC scheme. I now must retract my advice to avoid Avis, although I will caution everyone to read their contract with whichever rental agency you're dealing with and refuse the DCC scheme.

After only two phone calls and one FAX to Avis UK, they credited my Master Card account with the difference between their original DCC rate of 1.93 and the prevailing rate of 1.76. The Avis representative was courteous and efficient in handling this transaction.

With this settled, I no longer need the charge to be in dispute, so I will pay Master Card the amount due.

Again, I will say "pay close attention to contracts and credit card charges to avoid the DCC rate."
Old Nov 17th, 2005, 10:38 PM

crckwc

It might be an idea for you to ask Fodors to delete these two postings.

Try mailing [email protected] and explaining - that way in the future no-one will be confused.

Have you added this to your previous post?
Old Nov 18th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Original Poster

Several people asked that I post the results of my dealings with Avis and Master Card regarding the DCC. Yes, I posted a similar message on the original post but thought this would clarify. Why should I ask Fodors to delete this information? Do you work for Avis?
Old Nov 18th, 2005, 02:37 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
No - they are deleting FAR too much already!

crckwc - don't worry. You posted a good explanation on the original thread. It makes for a good balance. So many times folks post on here about some terrible snafu but never come nack to tell us the end result. thanks for the update)s)
Old Nov 18th, 2005, 03:11 PM

janisj

LOL, I simply think that in the future this post could just confuse matters and adds no value. When I said to delete the 2 postings I meant the OP and my response.

crckwc, I agree with Janisj, it was good of you to come back and add to your original post, as she says a lot of posters don't.

No I don't work for Avis! I don't work for anyone, Thank god!!!
Old Nov 18th, 2005, 03:20 PM

Perhaps the most important part of the posts was to see just how companies that use dcc really sock it to their customers and why nobody should ever allow a company to get away with this.....near criminal activity.