Identify movie location please?

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 06:06 AM
pj

Identify movie location please?

Can anyone identify the "location" of the last scenes in the movie The Bourne Identity?
Windmills? My guess is somewhere in Spain.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 06:20 AM
xxx

Windmills are a tradionally dutch thing...hardly Spanish.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 06:22 AM
xxx

There are windmills in Spain, too!!! (also in the US and other places.) I didn't se the movie.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 06:24 AM
Jason

Windmills are not only in Holland!!! Didn't you ever travel outside Holland and/or read read the classic "Don Quixote"?

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 07:07 AM
Vita

According to this site, filming locations were Paris and Prague. I didn't see the film, though.

http://movies.go.com/movies/B/bourneidentitythe_2000/

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 07:09 AM
Lori

Are you talking about the very last scene, where the girl is renting mopeds. I thought that was Greece.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 07:12 AM
bettyk

According to a movie website I checked, the film locations were Prague, the Czech Republic and Paris.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 07:14 AM
mimi taylor

Besides Daudet's famous windmill in Fontveille (sp?) thewre are three others in this nce Provencal village.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 07:15 AM
Sue

I thought they were the landmark windmills on Mykonos?

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 07:17 AM
pj

Maybe I am just confused but I seem to remember windmills toward the end of the movie when he goes back for the girl. She was the owner of a small store/cafe it looked like such a romantic place and it was not Paris and I am pretty sure not Czech Republic. Any more suggestions? I did really enjoy the Paris scenes though.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 07:26 AM
greece

In the book -and earlier in the movie,they spoke of having a place in Greece, and that is where I think it was.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 07:31 AM
pj

Thank you everyone for your help. I did check out a webpage on Mykonos and saw some windmills that looked like the movie. The spot just looked so peaceful and romantic. I wanted to be there! Has anyone spent time in the area. Please share your experience. Thank you again.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 12:14 PM
carol

I didn't see the movie. I am certain that there are windmills in virtually every European country. I have seen the old-fashioned ones with sails in France, Greece, Turkey, Spain, and Portugal. Spain has some really cool new high-tech ones on the Costa de la Luz, for cogeneration of electrical power. kewl.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 12:38 PM
y

Kinda of a cheesey movie, huh! why all the flib flab. maybe it was s. dakota.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 12:49 PM
Wendy

PJ, not sure if it was actually filmed in the harbor at Mykonos but that is definatly what it was meant to resemble.

I spent a few days there and it is wonderful. Very peaceful, great people, great food! Mykonos was know as the windy island and all the surrounding islands would bring their grain there to be milled at the windmills (or so we were told). It also has quite an active nightlife and Paradise beach is spectacular.

It's a fantastic place to go!

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 12:55 PM
Dawn

The final scenes were filmed in Mykonos according to this month's Conde Nast.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 01:06 PM
producer

The last scenes were filmed in Mykonos, Greece. All other scenes were filmed either in Imperia, Liguria (Italy), Paris (France), or Prague (Czech Republic).