Ice Bar in Stockhom

May 16th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Original Poster

Ice Bar in Stockhom

Hello,

Is the Ice Bar worth going to?

and

Would you recommend booking a reservation in advance (will be in Stockholm end of next week)?

TIA!
May 16th, 2007, 08:36 AM

I'd like to know this too as I will be there in August!
May 16th, 2007, 05:59 PM

The Ice Bar,located in a hotel on the bottom floor, is a unique experience. My wife and I visited along with some friends last May. It is a little pricey, but in my opinion worth it for the once in a lifetime experience. I am not in to Vodka, but the drinks are creatively made and very good. The glasses you drink from are made of ice. You have to put a coat/parka/gloves on before you enter. It is usually not open before approx. 5 p.m., except for tour groups. Obviously you want to make reservations before leaving home.

jimdtravel
Jun 11th, 2007, 01:04 PM

We just got back from Stockholm and went to the Ice Bar. It's definitely a bunch of tourists in there, but fun all the same! You're only in there for 45 minutes (we actually left after 30 minutes-too cold!) but we thought it was fun and no more expensive than anything else in those countries! It's about $22USD and includes one drink. Definitely take your camera. It was my brother and I (late 20's) and my parents (early 60's) and we all got a kick out of it. We reserved the day before we wanted to go, but were there in early June.
Jun 11th, 2007, 01:13 PM

My daughter (age 20) and her friends went to the Ice Bar and had a lot of fun - Cold, but fun! They reserved the day before also. This was at the end of May 2007.
Jul 30th, 2007, 05:03 PM

Hi,

We were at the Ice Bar in the Nordic Seas Hotel in June while in Sweden on a Volvo Club of America trip with 62 people. A group of six of us made reservations the evening before. The Ice Bar cost 130 kroner for alcoholic and 105 kroner for non-alcoholic drinks. All the alcoholic drinks contains vodka. The drinks are small and served in a glass that is made of ice. You can save money by reusing the glass versus getting a new glass for every drink. Everyone has to wear a suppied grey parka with hood and gloves attached. The temperature is 26 degrees F. The bar and seats are made entirely of ice that is craved and shipped twice a year from Lapland, Sweden. The seats have seal skin cushions. Everyone enters as a group and you're allowed 45 minutes. You can take pictures, etc. It is definitely something that is different. There is a bartender wearing winter gear.

I can send you a picture of the bar.

Have fun and stay warm.