Iberia destinations?

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 01:11 PM
Janice

Iberia destinations?

I have an unused Iberia Airlines ticket (yes, I have a lot of unused tickets!) and I want to take a long weekend to one of their destinations. Given that I live in Chicago, and don't want to spend most of my long weekend on the plane, what destination do you recommend? Is it best just to go to Milan for 3 or 4 days, or do you have a favorite destination that I should connect to? I don't have a fixed weekend, or length of stay, so give me your favorites! Thanks.

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 02:50 PM
GAC

You did not specify a season or a month when you would anticipate traveling!

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 09:08 PM
Mary

Hi Janice, We spent 2 days in Milan and that was 1 day too many. Really! I don't know where Iberia flies besides the obvious. Why not Barcelona? I have heard theres plenty to see and do there.

Old Dec 11th, 2001, 09:55 AM
Janice

I meant Madrid - not Milan! and I don't care what time of year I travel - some of my best trips have been in the dead of winter. I'm just torn between stopping in Madrid or connecting on to some other Iberia destination (like Paris or Venice). Is Madrid wonderful? Worth a long weekend?

Old Dec 11th, 2001, 10:48 AM
GAC

Madrid is certainly worth a long weekend. The Prado Museum is fabulous. Winter is very cold.