Search

I need advice!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 05:47 PM
chris

I need advice!

Hi everyone, I hope you can help me. My daughter will be spending 12 days at the University of Ancona this June (college requirement)When she is finished I would like to meet her for about 10 days of sightseeing. We have never been to Italy. What cities should we be sure to visit and how long in each? hotels or bed and breakfasts? bus or subway? Thanks for your time.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 05:58 PM
Uncle Sam

OK,<BR><BR>I give. Uncle Sam has been in a lot of European countries (21) but where in the world is Ancona?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 06:23 PM
Patrick

Ancona is a rather large city on the East coast of Italy, Uncle Sam.<BR> <BR>It is a fairly easy journey to Rome and to Florence, and Venice is not difficult either if you want to do the "big three". But first tell us what you are looking for? Architecture? History? Food and culture? Scenery? There are some wonderful places you can explore by heading south along the coast or slightly inland, and certainly Ravenna and Perugia, two of the closest medium sized cities are well worth visiting. But to be perfectly honest, for your first trip to Italy, I think it would be hard to pass up the "big three" and they will eat up the full 10 days easily. My schedule would be Rome 5, Venice 3, and Florence 2, but there are others who would disagree with that. Where are you flying into and out of? That will also make a difference. And is it just the two of you? Do you prefer to drive or stick to trains?

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 06:25 PM
xxx

"we have never been to Italy" she says. So where did you think Ancona was, Uncle Sam, Norway???<BR>

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 07:30 PM
Ooh

Ooh, this is fun. Bash Uncle Sam. Tell him to use Yahoo. Challenge his fashion sense (all the red white and blue striped stuff! Really!) Enroll him in geography dunce school.<BR>

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 07:44 PM
k

that's funny, when I read this post, the first thing I thought was ,where in the world is Ancona, before I finished reading it.<BR>And Uncle Sam.....I like the way you dress

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 09:13 PM
Vincenzo

Ancona is a fine town on the Adriatic Sea with an important harbour. The region is Marche, one of the sweetest regions of Italy. I suggest to visit Marche and, first of all, don't miss Urbino. Urbino is a very important art town, altough not well known. Urbino is magic, it deserves at least dwo days. Besides Urbino, if you like Italian food, from Ancona toward North, with the Adriatic Sea on your right hand, you arrive, driving for fortyfive minutes, at Senigallia. The restaurant is " La Madonnina del Pescatore ": don't miss it, pattron is Moreno Cedroni.<BR>Have a nice trip .

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 05:25 AM
Rex

I believe that Ancona is served by one or more of the low-cost intra-europe airlines which make up www.europebyair.com - - and ferry service from there to Greece (and other ports as well) from Ancona too, I'm pretty sure.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>