Reload this Page >

I need a Milan itinerary.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 07:48 AM
Mike Z

I will need a Milan itinerary of suggestions for a my 2 day add-on of Milan to my Swiss trip in July. Does anyone have suggestions of things to do and see in Milan in 2 days?

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 07:55 AM
liz

Other than the cathedral, Milan has zero attractions. Instead, I would rent a car and drive about 90 minutes to Lake Garda and visit Sirmione. There are some charming hotels there and you can take lake trips and do fine dining in the region. We also spend a few days in Salo which, on the other side of the lake, was very nice. You could also skip the Lakes and go straight to Verona or even Venice. Milan just ain't worth it IMO.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 08:47 AM
Mike Z

Thanks for the info. on Milan.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 08:55 AM
Grasshopper

Mike, Milano does NOT have zero attractions. It's a fabulous city. I hope you have read the other thread. It is full of grand ideas.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 10:08 AM
selena

I personally like Milan. You can spend a whole day seeing the Duomo and Victor Emmanuel Gallery stopping for a good lunch along the way. I thought the neighborhoods had alot of nice shops. People were really friendly.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 05:45 AM
Eye Spy

Milan is a great place and does not have zero attractions. On the contrary. It is very rich in art and museums. I posted this a few months back for a person who was going to Milan<BR> for the first time. A lot of people disagree about Milano. Personally, I love it:<BR> museums, energy, shopping, people watching! It hasn't been a crossroads throughout European history for nothing.<BR><BR> Brera Gallery (a must):<BR> http://www.brera.beniculturali.it/gallery/index.php I like to go on Sundays when<BR> there are less crowds. Check times in advance. Superb collection.<BR><BR> Biblioteca Ambrosiana: Also a must see. Wonderful Old Master paintings and<BR> other fine art pieces. World famous.<BR><BR> Museo Poldi-Pozzoli: private art collection from wealthy patron who willed his<BR> collection as a museum.<BR><BR> Castello Sforzesco: great historical building/fortress and art collection. Tours in<BR> English.<BR><BR> Santa Maria delle Grazie: for Leondardo's famous &quot;Last Supper&quot; be sure to<BR> book tickets in advance. Advance reservations required. Unfortunately, even<BR> after the recent restoration, the fresco has badly deteriorated; check out the<BR> church next door.<BR><BR> Duomo and adjoining Galleria Vittorio Emmanuelle II right next door -- you can't<BR> miss this. Prada has a boutique in the center of the Galleria. You can have<BR> coffee on the top floor of Rinascente department store adjacent to the Duomo<BR> for a great view!<BR><BR> Take a walk around the fashionable via Montenapoleone and adjoining streets<BR> for Italy's top names: Armani, Gucci etc.<BR><BR> Have lunch at Peck around the corner from the Biblioteca Ambrosiana.<BR><BR> Stroll around the Navigli district(where the old canals are) for animated evenings<BR> and great local restaurants.<BR><BR> Check out: www.comune.milano.it (in Italian). www.museionline.com (click on<BR> English flag on the left of home page)

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 07:04 AM
Mike Zubler

Thanks for the updates on Milan. It sounds like there is going to be plenty to see and do there. We will only have 2 days so it should be challenging and fun.