I leave tomorroe...finally.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 05:40 AM
garynfla

I leave tomorroe...finally.

Tomorrow is the big day for our first trip to Greece. I would like to say a heartfelt thanks to all of the wonderful people here that have take their time and shared all the wonderfull information. Doing so, makes trips like mine so much better. I will be posting daily from Greece. If anyone has any hotels they want me to check out in Mykonos or Santorini please let me know. I will gladly do so.Thanks again everyone.
Gary n Ft Lauderdale

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 06:18 AM
Pat C.

I was just thinking about you!! (we corresponded about three weeks ago and you e-mailed me some helpful info). I just posted that I'm torn between staying at "Esperas Traditional Houses" or "On The Rocks". If you happen to pass by either hotel, I'd love to hear your feedback.

Have a wonderful vacation and again, Happy Anniversary!!

Pat C.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 04:01 PM
Yiannis

Gary,

I wish you a great trip to Greece, don't get surprised by posters in some areas of Athens, there is election (local gov'ts) on Sunday the 13th!!.
The weather seems to start getting better after an awful September, but nights are cool.
It's too bad that you will not see the National Museum, since it's closing tomorow! until 2004!

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 04:05 PM
Sarah

Don't forget to sample the moussaka and the fish and the yogurt and the olive oil!!!

Oh and the Baklava all of these treats I first experienced in Greece. Have a great trip!!!

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 04:47 PM
anita

Gary,

Have a great trip. I'm so jealous - I have to wait till next year for mine. Looking forward to your posts.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 04:59 PM
traveler

ttt

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 05:14 PM
garynfla

Thanks to all. I will try all the foods.
I love Greek food anyway. I won't let the posters around Athens bother me, I have traveled to many parts of the world and will respect the fact that I am a guest in their country. I fly out in the morning and will probally not be able to sleep tonight..Anita, i will send lotsa feed-back and tons of pictures on the MSN picture site. I already have over 600 travel pics there. I will drink a toast to all who post here on my first night there. Thanks again..

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 07:31 PM
anita

Gary,

You mentioned the MSN picture site - I never go on MSN, but want to see your pictures - where should I go when I log on? I would hate to miss your pics.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 07:58 PM
garynfla

Anita, I will post a link here that you just click on and it will take you directly to my picture files..MSN's picture site is awesome..

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 04:57 AM
anita

Garynfla

Thanks a lot. Have a great trip.

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 12:37 PM
Yiannis

Hello Garry!

We haven;t heard from you for a couple of days ...r u in Athens ?? If there is a problem/question concerning Athens let me know..might be able to help.

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 01:15 PM
anita

Yiannis,

Gary left yesterday and should be in Athens today, so I figure we should hear from him by or over the weenend. I can't wait to hear about his trip and see his pictures.

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 01:57 PM
Yiannis

Dear Anita,

Are u from Florida too? (like Gary). I live in Athens, which part of Florida are you from ?? Is your trip next year your first time in Greece? Do you know that a few towns in Florida have Greek names probably given by the first Greek immigrants there...?
Good to hear people from Florida wanna visit Greece...

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 03:35 PM
anita

Dear Yainis,

Yes, I am also from Florida. I do not know Gary in person, just from his posts. I live in Boca Raton. I was in Greece-Athens,Ios & Crete way back when I was a teenager and I can't wait to visit again. It's been too long. So tell me which cities is Florida is greek?

I would love to learn some Greek before my trip. When I was there many years ago I did pick up some phrases, but of course, I've forgot them. I have to find a good dictionary or computer software. I believe that when you travel it is always a good idea to learn enough of the language to get around and the people are very grateful that you bothered to learn their language and customs.

Take care.