Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

I finally finished my Venice map - want to see?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all. I recently posted a link to my Rome restaurant map and had so many kind comments, I was inspired to finish my Venice map as well.

As was the case for Rome, here is my disclaimer. I made these for our own use. They do not purport to be a definitive list of restaurants in Venice. I have never been to Venice so all of the info was gleaned from books, comments and reviews.

Also, many of the Venice listings are recommendations from the book Chow Venice. I have noted those with yellow markers as opposed to turquoise. Also, in the listings, there will be a (CV) next to the name.

One last proviso. In the first line or two of the address, you will find an a, b or c in parentheses. This is not inteded as a grade for the restaurant, but instead is meant for me to determine how well the menu fits the tastes of those in our traveling party.

Here's the link:

http://tinyurl.com/2ee94h

I hope it will be of benefit to someone! As before, if you would like the pdf versions of these, e-mail me at
[email protected]
I am still getting requests for the Rome maps, so please mention Venice when you e-mail!

H

Old May 16th, 2007, 03:34 PM
J62

Great map! Rome one too.

I already have some of my own google maps - do you know if it's possible to import all or part of yours onto mine so I have the live details (address, etc) all in one place?

What did you think of the apartment location? We have a place just a short distance east near Bandiera e Moro
Old May 16th, 2007, 03:41 PM
J62

Sorry - I see you're going in late May. We're going in July. I await a trip report, and of course a new map with restaurant reviews!!

J62
Old May 16th, 2007, 03:43 PM

Awesome timing.

I'm going soon and I've been compiling a list based on feedback here and elsewhere but have been using veniceexplorer.net to find the places.

Wasn't too sure how accurate Google was but it's nice to be able to save the locations like that.

Old May 16th, 2007, 03:47 PM

Your maps are so great! I've saved them even though we will not be heading to Italy until next spring..or even fall..if Paris calls to me again!
Old May 16th, 2007, 04:09 PM

Your Venice map is fabulous! It will provide useful information as I plan my first trip to Venice. Thanks!
Old May 16th, 2007, 05:20 PM

Just a note:
Ae Oche is also located on the Zattere and much easier to find. You need a reservation, if you don't want to wait. I know it is just a pizza place, but it is very, very busy.

Vino Vino is totally ripped apart for a makeover and is closed at present time.
Old May 16th, 2007, 09:11 PM

Another great map, phieagle! I suggest adding one bacaro-AI PROMESSI SPOSI, one of my favorites, located on the Calle d'Oche-just across from La Casa Mia.
Old May 17th, 2007, 02:52 AM
Original Poster

J62, I will definitely post about the trip when I return, and specifically the apartment location. It sure would be nice to be able to 'export' all or part of your data to someone else. Perhaps I'll e-mail google.

scrb - I actually used veniceexplorer for finding quite a few of these. Venice addresses do not seem to lend themselves to mapping as easily as other cities. I would locate the restaurant on veniceexplorer, then find the same spot on the google map, and put my pushpin.

jody & 2010, thanks - hubby could not care less about these things, so it's nice to be where I'm appreciated!

martygnc, I read that Ae Oche had an additional location on the Zattere, but I never saw an address for it so I left it off. I will look again for the address and add it. Thanks for the note on Vino Vino. I'll make a note on the listing.

gypsytravelgirl, thanks for the suggestion, I'll add it. Can you tell me what type of food it is? Is it Expensive?
I have read so many of your helpful posts for Venice, thank you.

Any other corrections or additions, send them along.
H
Old May 17th, 2007, 04:00 AM

Thanks!
Old May 19th, 2007, 07:23 AM

bookmark
Old May 19th, 2007, 06:20 PM

phieaglefan,

Thanks for sharing!!! I am looking forward to using both of your maps (Rome and Venice) on our first trip to Italy in June.