COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

I can only get here with Netscape now!

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 04:12 AM
s.fowler

I can only get here with Netscape now!

Of course this is no help to those using IE right now [unless my IE is just being mean to me!]-- but perhaps when they DO get there -- the NEXT time they will think of switching to another browser.

I've cleared "cache" on IE -- reloaded etc... but nada.

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 04:13 AM
JOdy

Sally,
I'm using IE with no problems, of course I did suffer seroius withdrawla all day yesterday!

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 04:18 AM
Michelle

My screen is a real mess. Half says "This page cannot be found, page has been temporarily removed." On the other half I sometimes get part of a forum, but can never switch forums nor get beyond the first 50 on whichever forum I get into. Oh well!

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 04:24 AM
Ed

I don't think one can blame the IE browser for Fodors' problems! My browser's been working fine. On the other hand, Random House, Fodors, and the forums can't make the same claim.

twenj

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 04:39 AM
frank

IE 5.5 works OK for me.
Perhaps you've disabled some of the special settings.Try reinstalling.

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 01:30 PM
Art

I believe that Microsoft network had some problems late last night. I could not get to any websights at all for a while.
Art

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 01:48 PM
Barbara

I have IE and wasn't able to log on to Fodor's until about noon today, California time! Everything else seems to be OK.

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 02:09 PM
s.fowler

FINALLY fodors and IE have decided to cooperate

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 02:20 PM
xxxxxxx

Hi, last night I couldn't get on fodors with explorer, so I closed and went on Netscape, fodors page said that they were sorry but had to close down fodors for the night of Sunday from a certain time to certain time (sorry I don't remember the hours it said).
No problem tonight though.

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 02:51 PM
Rex

Ohhh!!!!! so i am NOT (perhaps) losing my mind!!

I am out of town today, and the only computer available to me has no Netscape - - only IE. It would never have occurred to me that it was/is browser-specific, But my experience was about the same - - couldn't get on at all before about 2:30 EDT - - didn't try again until after 6 pm.

No doubt this info will bring remarks about repercussions (positive or otherwise) of my absence from the forum today.

Best wishes,

Rex

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 03:08 PM
Puke

Rex, this is about the nth posting in the last two days where you've changed the subject to you. Why don't you start your own forum somewhere ... one where you can post Rex' innermost thoughts, house temperature, rectal temperature, etc. all day long.

You make me puke.