I AM PEEVISH, OH SO PEEVISH~

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12th, 2003, 05:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Instead of a Friday Rants & Raves column, I thought this forum could use an I'M PEEVISH column. (I am exhausted and most likely giddy)
So what makes you Peevish today?
I will go first, after all, it is MY post!
What made me Peevish today was finding out that I am moving ( I did know that already) but that I will be charged at least a hundred dollars for changing my cell phone service!! The nerve! Just when I got the hang of walking around with that little plug, killing my ear, chatting away and looking so important/insane talking to myself.
There, that feels better already~
Your turn!
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 05:53 PM

Howdy, Scarlett, my dear!

I am peevish of building my dream home on a lot where the street nearly washed away from mud and rock slides, only meters nearby, after torrential rains and storms in the last day or so. Hmmmmm? Whatchya think, dahlin'?

I will admit, the property is fine and in tact, but it does make me a bit "peevish" in my plans.
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 06:02 PM
dln

I am peevish because my friend snagged one of those $297 rt to London fares and she's going the week of my husband's birthday & Christmas luncheon, and I can't go! Boo Hoo!

Old Nov 12th, 2003, 06:02 PM

Scarlett - In CA they just passed a law which allows you to take your cell number with you when you change carriers. Did you sign a contract and now have to break it? You should have "an out" since you are moving. Just wondering, do you pick up better reception when you are wearing a hoop skirt? I have a very lovely image of you with the plug in your ear while taking Pup for his evening stroll. What does the Yankee say? BTY where are you moving?

Oh, and my peeve for the day would be rudeness and lack of decorum from a mom at my children's school. She is hostile, aggressive and lacks style and grace. It is so unbecoming of a lady. I know you would agree.
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 06:07 PM
Degas

I'm a bit peevish (is that like being a little pissed off?) about my big deal falling through with some rich Yankees investors who were thinking of buying some of my prime swampland for a huge gator farm. I told them nasal-talking idiots not to try and hand-feed Rex and Rufus so late in the day! Those big bruisers are on the original Atkins diet!

Old Nov 12th, 2003, 06:09 PM

Hee hee Does that make me a peevee?
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 06:10 PM

Were the Yankees tender or a bit tough? Get them gators some tooth picks poor dears. Hey Degas! Why haven't you written any new "trip reports"? Miss them!
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 06:12 PM
Original Poster

Fiddle dee dee Degas, you know those Yankees would have just made Rufus and Rex into nice luggage for their wives!

Calamari dear, You almost got the picture right..I am strolling with Pup, plug in ear,(no hoops
I have noticed if someone says something to make me laugh, Pup will wag his tail .. ((&amp)
The Yankee will have to figure this one out, I cannot hold another thought in my poor lil head, it is quite full to the brim!
I cannot mention our destination yet, but it will be in a Southerly direction, which makes Scarlett quite cheerful.
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 06:16 PM

I will respect your privacy,but I do picture you on a lovely plantation like one I saw in Virginia, The Oaklands. Am I close?
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 06:18 PM
Original Poster

Lower lower
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 06:21 PM
Degas

Scarlett, I love it when a woman cuts right to the chase!

Old Nov 12th, 2003, 06:22 PM

Sadly sounds too far away to meet for tea and crumpits someday...or a mint julip - ok I really do not know how to spell julip.
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 06:23 PM

Degas, you posted before me but you are a rogue.
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 06:32 PM
Original Poster

Dear Calamari, For now I will just say South.Although sitting on the porch with mint juleps would be nice, how about tea on the beach?
Someone emailed me not long ago and unkindly told me that I give out too much personal info here.
Perhaps she is right and someone will find out where I live and hold Pup for ransom!
Degas,
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 06:39 PM

Was it someone from Foders or just a poster? How curious!
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 06:41 PM
Original Poster

A Poster.
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 06:42 PM
Degas

I heard a rumor the old Simpson Place and fifty acres down by the river just got sold. Lord, a mercy, I best be gett'in some of my old rusty cars off the blocks in the front yard and tidying up the place on the off chance a real lady is moving to our little hick town. Wouldn't it be grand if she started up the Camelia Ball again?

Old Nov 12th, 2003, 06:42 PM

Should I take that as a hint too?
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 06:45 PM

Degas - TRIP REPORT! TRIP REPORT!
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 06:49 PM
Original Poster

Calamari, re: take a hint, if that was regarding my post, NO, I think we should post whatever we feel comfortable posting and to hell with those jealous ole biddies! Why, back at home they still haven't gotten over the fact that I married a Yankee!
I am well able to ignore them and enjoy myself and my friends.
Calamari, if you wish to email me , feel free to. [email protected]
Why! I don't feel so peevish anymore ~

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -