Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Huntingdon House on Cromwell Rd near Earls Court underground OR St. James Apts near Christies on Duke St

Search

Huntingdon House on Cromwell Rd near Earls Court underground OR St. James Apts near Christies on Duke St

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 07:35 PM
iamlost@alondonapt

We are trying to choose an apartment in London for a week this winter and have tentatively narrowed our choice down to Huntindon House in Kensington and St James Apts in, where else, St. James near Piccadilly Circus. Which would you experienced London visitors choose? Thanks much for any and all information.

Old Aug 31st, 2000, 01:40 AM
a ross

Both are great, very nice areas. Depending on the type of vacation you are looking for, St James/Piccadilly puts you nearer the "thick" of things from a touristy viewpoint. Kensington is more residential but with public transportation you can be anywhere quickly. If it still doesn't matter, I would choose the location closest to a tube station.

Old Aug 31st, 2000, 06:21 AM
topper

Old Aug 31st, 2000, 12:14 PM
xxx

xxx

Old Aug 31st, 2000, 01:14 PM
robin

hi! i am moving to alconbury,uk. can you tell me more about the area or london? r

Old Aug 31st, 2000, 07:11 PM
Yitz

The two Properties are like <BR>" Chalk & Cheese " <BR>The St James Court Apartments are <BR>Deluxe Apartments <BR> <BR>Huntingdon House is a 3.5 Star Property, <BR> <BR>You may Want to visit these Web sites <BR>http://www.London4Rent.com <BR>http://www.Vacationspot.com

Old Sep 1st, 2000, 06:24 AM
iamlost@alondonapt

Unfamliar with the "chalk and cheese" bit but can imagine what you are implying. However, I don't think we are talking about the same St. James apts. The ones to which I am referring are not called St. James Court as per the ones listed on London4rent.com. Rather, they are apts. available for rent through Nick Price whom I have seen mentioned here on Fodors. <BR> <BR>Huntingdon House actually would cost a couple hundred dollars more but, from the web page, would seem to offer more services. We are still trying to get full information from Mr. Price--not that he as been witholding--we just haven't perhaps been asking the right things. <BR> <BR>Thanks for the info--any one else?

Old Sep 1st, 2000, 07:26 AM
lydia

From your description of location, Huntingdon House is NOT really in Kensington. Cromwell Road is a major, busy road and the area surrounding Earl's Court station is busy and a little scruffy. The apartments may be wonderful on the inside, but if the surroundings outdoors matter to you, be cautious. Duke Street in St. James, on the other hand, is very elegant and while it may not be the most residential part of London, it is very convenient for restaurants, shops, theatres and other tourist attractions, being right in the centre of the West End.

Old Sep 2nd, 2000, 03:45 AM
topper