Reload this Page >

how to put a post for a specific country

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 08:01 AM
cb

I can't seem to get the hang of this. To post a new message, I indicate the country I want, but my message does not get selected when I retrieve messages for a specific country. My message gets posted under Europe.

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 08:06 AM
Art

CB, there is only one forum, the European forum. By posting under the selected country, you can search by that country. You will get posts under that country AND posts under the General Heading. <BR>Hope this helps. <BR>Art <BR>

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 02:13 PM
cb

I posted this question under Spain, but searching for all Spain post does not list it. I found it only under Europe.

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 02:17 PM
Olicia

Ihad the same problem trying to post under France..it only shows up under Europe general..I don't understand how to do this either..Help!!

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 02:19 PM
Linda

First, cb, Art is right; but you probably are too. The search option doesn't always "work as advertised". Also, how long did you wait for a reply. If you got no replies, it may be because you didn't wait long enough. I find when I use the search function it have time to go get a cuppa, at least. Sometimes I swear I could knit an entire sweater before it comes back. And, when it does, the information I'm looking for is not always there I did a test one time and the search said there were no messages. But the message I was looking for was right there in front of my eyes. (It was a test, remember?)Sometimes it takes more than a couple of times before it finds your message. Your best bet is to put more than one word in the search box. But you have to know that both words are in the message you are retrieving.

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 02:24 PM
Christina

there are no country forums!!!! there is only one big giant Europe forum--look at your choices on the Fodors front Forums page, you will not see country forums (except maybe Canada, not sure). Selecting a country is for indexing only. If you post selecting a country, though, I think it should turn up when you search if you select that country when searching, as long as the text/word you use in the search box is in that post. I do not think it works to leave the search box blank and only select country, hoping to get all posts for a specific country. I wish it did, as I tried that myself recently, but it appears to do nothing when you do that. Sorry

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 04:07 PM
Betsy

I just recently realized that if you know the name of the person who posted a message that you're trying retrieve, searching under the name will often bring up the post. <BR>For example, earlier today I needed some train info, so I put Ben Haines' name (knowing that he often posts train info) in the little search box and voila, found the info I was looking for. Probably everyone else knows this!

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 04:59 PM
Beth

<BR>The search does not work off the country you pick when you post but rather from the country you name in your title or the body.

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 07:28 PM
Art

I disagree Beth. As my travel is to Poland and Romania this year, I select them when I create my origional posts from teh country pulldown and they always show up when I choose Poland or Romania from the pulldown menu to do a search. I will agree, however, that it does not always seem to work for the more popular countries. <BR>Regards, <BR>Art <BR>