How to pick up Milan - Paris SNCF Ticket in Milan

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone. This is my first visit to Europe. I've just ordered Milan - Paris ticket from Voyages-sncf.com
I chosed unintentionally "le retrait en borne libre service" or withdrawal the ticket in self-service terminal.
Is there anyone knows where can I withdrawal the ticket in Milan, Italy.
Many thanks
Old Jan 22nd, 2010, 08:12 PM

We recently purchased Milan to Strasbourg tickets on line, and at first thought we had a big problem. Then we learned from SNCF customer service in Paris that there is an "SNCF Boutique" as part of Rail Europe Italie in Milan. You can pick up the tickets there using the printed confirmation and the credit card that was used to pay on line, not from a self service kiosk, but from a clerk. The office is open only M-F from 9:30-1:30 and 3:00-6:00, and their address is Via Vitruvio #1. It is about 0.5 km. from the Stazione Centrale (Piazza Duca d'Aosta--directly at the station--becomes Via Vitruvio). The phone number is 39 02 29 54 49 50. I won't know how it works until we try on 26 April, but our Milan hotel called that office and verified all the info the SNCF person had e-mailed to me.
Old Jan 23rd, 2010, 07:25 AM

Kalpin--I neglected to mention that there will be an 8 euro fee charged by that agency (per ticket? per order?) that you pay directly to them when you pick up the ticket(s). They seem to be a "contract agency" for SNCF, authorized to charge the traveler for the service.
Old Mar 27th, 2010, 09:44 AM

d_c_bear,

I am in the same situation. I emailed SNCF (in French) and it responded by saying that I needed to pick up the Milan to Paris ticket in France. I then emailed SNCF again (in English). The automated response said to expect a reply in 48 hours. It's been over a week....

My trip is the end of May, so please let me know how things turn out for you. Thanks.
Old Mar 30th, 2010, 02:43 AM

We've done a similar thing - though chose to collect from sncf boutique (in error) but will only be in Milan briefly and on a Saturday when the boutique is shut. Seems that I can only cancel my booking and rebook using the English option on voyages-sncf and have my new ticket miled to me in Australia. Good luck.
Old Apr 10th, 2010, 08:28 AM

We will be in Milan on a Monday and, based on e-mail exchanges with the SNCF "boutique" there, we should have no trouble stopping by their office to get the tickets.
Old Jun 9th, 2010, 05:48 AM

Here's an update: The SNCF Boutique at the Rail Europe Italie in Milan is part of a typical travel agency, and we had no problem getting the tickets issued./ It is true that they are open only M-F. As I recall, the 8 euro service charge covered both tickets.