Reload this Page >

How to Get to Nerja

Search

How to Get to Nerja

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 02:27 PM
Linda

How to Get to Nerja

We will be in Spain in November and find we have a day free while in Touremelinos (sp?). We aren't beach bunnies and burn easily, so thought we might use the day to go to Nerja. Can anybody tell me if there is easy public transportation from Touremolinos to N? How long will it take us to get there? All I've found on my search is for somebody with a car and we will not have one. Thanks in advance for your help.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 02:37 PM
Mary Jayne

There are loads of bus companies that take the day trip to Nerja and it makes a nice day, also taking in the nearby caves. You can also do it on the regular public bus, however on the tour, you get the spiel to go along with it . You can take many side trips that way from Torremolinos, such as Ronda, Seville, Granada, all nice day trips or longer, if you wish. Have many happy days. Mary Jayne

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 02:49 PM
Pedro

You could go to any travel agency in Torremolinos where surely there will be some organised tours to Nerja, Frigiliana and the caves.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 03:32 PM
Linda

Thanks for the information. We will have already seen Sevilla, et at. Have the option of going to Gibraltar, but Jerja sounds interesting also. Now we have decisions to make. Thank you for the information.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 04:39 PM
Judi

Linda, IMO Nerja, the caves and Frigiliana are much more interesting than Gibraltar! Pedro has a good idea...<BR>You may wish to do searches on this forum for Nerja and Gibraltar to see others' opinions; it may help you make a decision. Have fun in Spain!

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 11:53 AM
Myer

Instead of Torremolinos as a base will Malaga work as well to get around. I may prefe that as our plane leaves from there. I'm trying to convince myself to rent a car on leaving Seville and doing the rest that way. We've always gotten around by train and never by car. <BR>Train seems to be a pain if even possible down there.