Reload this Page >

how to bookmark a thread? Rex?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 07:20 AM
elaine

Hi<BR>I wanted to be able to provide a reference for someone for the current thread on Traveling to Paris in a Wheelchair.<BR>Don't know how to note the url.<BR>Copying the "thread select" url doesn't work.<BR>Rex, are you out there?<BR>Any ideas from others?

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 07:32 AM
Z

If you want to send it to someone, just do copy and paste. Highlight the whole thread, right click on copy, write an e-mail and right click on paste to put it in your e-mail.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 07:50 AM
Art

I have bookmarked several threads. Once I am in the thread, I left click to the right side (in the thread itself) than I right click and select add to favorites. Once it is in favorites, I select it and once it is in the address window, I click there and while it is highlighted I press and hold the &lt;ctrl&gt; key then press the &lt;C&gt; key. Than I paste it into notepad or email by pressing and holding the &lt;ctrl&gt; key again and press the &lt;V&gt; key.<BR>

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 07:55 AM
technically challenged

I must be doing something wrong. When I click on 'URL', I end up capturing the overall forum address, rather than the specific address for a particular thread.<BR><BR>

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 07:59 AM
Jean Valjean

If you move your mouse over the name of the thread (on the left-side window), you'll see the exact address for the thread on your browser's status bar (on the bottom). If your right click it and select "copy shortcut", you can then paste that in the Address bar. You'll have one window, without frames, with the thread you selected.<BR><BR>For instance, the URL for THIS thread is:<BR>http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=2&tid=1385155&numresponses=3&st art=0<BR>

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 08:08 AM
elaine

couldn't figure out how to use the "opy shortcut"thingie, but I was able to <BR>"add to favorites" in that same menu<BR><BR>thanks to all

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 08:28 AM
technically challenged

-<BR>testing .... http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=2&tid=1385155&numresponses=5&st art=0<BR><BR>YES, it works ! Thanks, Jean Valjean.<BR>

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 06:22 PM
Rex

Glad to see you got it worked out. Sorry I haven't been on much the last few days. Traveling a lot (domestic).<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 08:11 PM
Diane

Although it won't act as a bookmark, I usually copy an entire post and save it in my word processing program, name it, and have it for reference later.