Reload this Page >

How packed will a friday night flight be to london

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 1998, 05:30 PM
drew

i am flying friday to london at around 6:00pm economy and i am wondering if anyone has flown at that time to london? if so could u please tell me what i will be expecting in terms of how packed will the flight be.

Old Jul 8th, 1998, 04:27 AM
kimberley

It has been my experience that any flight to Europe during the summer (particularly to common tourist destinations) is overbooked, and therefore full to capacity. However, if you want to know for sure, why not call the airline and ask whether the flight is sold out/overbooked?

Old Jul 8th, 1998, 08:59 AM
sue

hi we just flew to London our flight was overbooked. We were there three hours ahead of time had confirmed our seats three times since booking in January and had just reconfirmed that morning but our seats were still given away. We flew Virgin and never again will we do that. My advice is make sure you have your seats and get names and be the first in line. And pack very light and if you are changing planes from continental to virgin don't do it.

Old Jul 8th, 1998, 09:22 AM
wes fowler

In words of few syllables: LIKE A CAN OF SARDINES.

Old Jul 8th, 1998, 09:28 AM
s.fowler

Yup! My sharer of the Fowler name is entirely correct... so what I do is try to *think* like a sardine

Old Jul 8th, 1998, 02:41 PM
kam

Remember they can give away your seats if you're not there ahead of time-------each airline differs in its international policy. Expect to be overbooked and very full--pack very light and put you head in the right place--you're going on a wonderful trip, you just have to get through the flight. Have fun. <BR>

Old Jul 14th, 1998, 06:55 PM
tbs

I've been back and forth from the States to London better than a dozen times in the last 3 years, and have yet to had less than a full house every single time. for the comfort of those around you, please remember to bathe before you leave. The air does tend to get a bit stale after a bit. Pleasant journey!

Old Jul 15th, 1998, 07:09 PM
Julie

Latest flight to London was at that time, British Air, and packed to the gils, as always. We flew economy, seats are tight together, and for 10 hours with NO circulation, it is a bit tiresome. Get the isle, if possible,so you can at least stretch feet a bit into the isle when there are no carts or people in it. A 747 is woefully lacking in toilets, so prepare to wait in the isle, juggling around carts coming and going, can"t see the screen from most seats if you are moderate height, so forget about the movie. Just be glad to be going and hang on to that thought. <BR>

Old Jul 29th, 1998, 12:18 PM
Elizabeth

Too bad you're going on a Friday. I went to London last October on a Thursday evening on British Air from Chicago and the plane was half full. What a delight!! Why doesn't British Air have individual screens? Who can see the 1 large screen? Just don't book your hotel through British Air. Horrible dirty places.

Old Jul 29th, 1998, 06:18 PM
Luca Bracci

Hey liz, how many airlines in coach do you know have individual screen? Virgin is the only one I know of. Plus if they did do that I'm sure the price of the tickets would go up slightly. <BR> <BR>If you can't see the ONE screen in your section I suggest it's time to go get glasses. <BR> <BR>CAPITO???