Reload this Page >

Patrimony Days in Paris & France?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29th, 1998, 09:02 PM
Deanna

I will be in Paris during Patrimony days when all the national buildings are open for tourists, often buildings which are not normally open to the public. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to see during those days? Has anyone ever been during this time (the second, sometimes third weekend in September) ? Thanks for your help, I'm so confused I don't know where to begin! <BR>

Old Jul 30th, 1998, 03:00 AM
francesca

What luck! You get to see stuff hardly an tourist will ever get to. The Elysee Palace, Matignon Palace, and Palais de Luxembourg are two of the most famous, there are long lines, esp. at Elysee. Get up early to get a spot and be prepared to wait. We've always enjoyed the "hotel particuliers" (historical mansions) in the 7th, along rue de Grenelle. Many are ministeries and other admin. buildings today and some are rather beautiful and not too crowded. The Pariscope that week will have a run down of the whole thing, in English. Enjoy yourselves! <BR>