Reload this Page >

How Much Should a Cab Cost from Athens to Plaka district

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 04:00 PM
Anita

Hi Folks,<BR><BR>How much should a taxi cost from the Plaka districk to Athens Airport? I am buying a transfer for $59 when I arrive in Athens,but 3 days later I'm going to the islands and do not know whether it is worth it to buy another transfer or just grab a cab. <BR><BR>Thanks for the help.

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 10:18 PM
Clif

I made the airport/Plaka trip by taxi before and after my trip to Santorini last week. The four taxi rides ranged from $15 to $23. It takes about 45 minutes.

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 03:39 AM
anita

Clif,<BR><BR>Thanks so much. Now I know not to purchase the transfer for $59.<BR><BR>How did you like Santorini? Was it as beautiful as everone says?

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 02:36 PM
Clif

Anita,<BR> We spent three days in Paris. Took the Eurostar to London and spent three days. Flew to Athens and spent an afternoon and evening. I wish now that I would have spent at least another day in Athens. We spent a week in Santorini where we were married. It is as beautiful as everyone says it is. We will definately return. We had a long layover in Athens on the way back and had time to go to Plaka for lunch. Then... we stayed at the Chateaux Mont Royal outside of Paris on the night before we flew back to the states.

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 06:30 PM
anita

Sounds like you had a great trip/wedding. I just booked my trip today and decided to spend 3 nights in Athens, 4 Santorini and 3 Mykonos. I decided NOT to buy the transfers. Thanks for the input