Search

How did I do?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 06:59 PM
A.M.

How did I do?

I have made reservations at the following hotels: Hotel de la Ville in Rome(splurge). <BR>Hotel Giorgione (more expensive than I thought - hope it's worth it) <BR>Hotel Casci in Florence (safe?) <BR>Hotel Muguet in Paris. <BR>Cinque terre (most places want 3 day reservation, we have only 2 days) any suggestions? <BR>We are 2 women travelling, starting at the end of April in Rome... Thanks. <BR>

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 07:07 PM
Two ways

On the one hand, I would say that you get an "A". <BR> <BR>On the other hand, grade inflation is rampant, and getting an "A" doesn't really mean anything any more. <BR>

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 09:27 PM
ca-cynthia

You've made good selections! And don't worry, you'll be safe in Florence @ Hotel Casci. It's well located & gets thumbs up by several posters on this site. <BR> <BR>As for your visit to CT, have you tried Hotel Villa Steno in Monterosso? <BR>

Old Mar 24th, 2001, 06:13 AM
A.M.

Thank you BOTH for your responses, as you can tell, I am looking for reassurance. My friend is spending Canadian dollars and I am spending American so the prices of hotels mean more to her, she only told me this week my choices are too expensive. She has never been to europe, I have, I like to vary less expensive hotels with more exp. A lot of hotels in Venice are already booked and Giorgione is $200us/nite. <BR> Do you have a # for Hotel Villa Steno, please? <BR> Thanks again, A.M.

Old Mar 24th, 2001, 06:46 AM
ca-cynthia

Here's what I have for 'Hotel Villa Steno' (info from last year). <BR> <BR>Tel No. 018-781-7028 or 018-781-8336 <BR>Fax No. 018-781-7354 <BR>www.pasini.com <BR>E-mail: [email protected] <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Mar 24th, 2001, 08:24 AM
AM

Thanks Cynthia, <BR> I just sent off availability requests. <BR>A.M.

Old Mar 24th, 2001, 10:25 AM
Dan

$200us seems a little high for the Giorgione to me, any body else have thoughts...

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 05:08 PM
Liz

Anne, <BR> <BR>This may be obsolete information by now, but I stayed at the Hotel Muguet in Paris and thought it was just lovely: clean, quiet, charming, good breakfasts, friendly staff. I do wish they had minibars in the rooms so I could have stored some French snacks (as it was February we used the window ledge!), but other than that I thought it was perfect. <BR> <BR>Liz

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 09:24 AM
m

We stayed in Hotel Casci in March. It's perfectly safe, a very friendly place, conveniently located and has a very good breakfast buffet. Nothing fancy but very clean and comfortable.