Reload this Page >

Housewarming gift

Search

Housewarming gift

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 2000, 10:29 AM
Mike

Housewarming gift

Hi all! I will be spending 2 months in France in the home of some locals. I am trying to determine what an appropriate gift would be to give to the family for their hospitality. Has anyone ever stayed for an extended period of time with a family and have any suggestions. I thank you in advance for any help that you can give me. <BR> <BR>-Mike

Old Jun 2nd, 2000, 11:35 AM
elaine

Aftr you've stayed there a while something may occur to you, but if all other ideas fail, you could consider taking them out for a wonderful dinner.

Old Jun 2nd, 2000, 11:41 AM
Paula

Hi Mike! I have a similar problem and would, too, like ideas. My husband and I are hosting an exchange student from Germany (nine months, she's leaving Monday). We will visit and stay with her family for four days this summer and wonder what we could bring as a small gift. Her father is a captain for Lufthansa, and the family is well-traveled and well-off. Any ideas? My only thought was an engraved picture frame with their daughter's name and the year engraved on it, so they might put one of the pictures of her year in the US in the frame. Too cheesy? Help!

Old Jun 2nd, 2000, 12:42 PM
lynn

When my husband and I visited family members in Croatia, we took some items of clothing with the logo of our local college, as well as some local crafts (in our case, glassware).

Old Jun 2nd, 2000, 01:47 PM
Maira

If you do a text search by 'gifts' you'll find many past posts with great ideas (fairly common question).