Reload this Page >

Hotesl in Rome and Florence

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 03:40 PM
david

This is my first time on Fodors but I have become addicted to reading. My wife and I are going to Italy and we are looking at particular hotels. Any comments on the following: Rome- Raphael,Barocco or Sole al Pantheon; Florence-Monna Lisa, Brunelleschi, or Loggiato del Serviti? Your help is greatly appreciated and I will try to return the favor at some later date.

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 03:51 PM
Fannie

David, I am sure you will get some lovely tips, but in the meantime, do a search for the hotels on the travel <BR>talk search box here for past threads.

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 05:09 PM
Surlok

In my opinion, Raphael or Sole al Pantheon are better hotels, and also their location is better than the Barocco. I'd only chooose the Barocco if you want to be closer to the train station. <BR> <BR>In Florence, I just know the Bruneleschi, it's a very interesting building, fabulous architetecture, and the location is wonderful.

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 06:40 PM
Kris

hi, David..my husband and I just returned from a trip[ to Rome and Florence; in Rome, we stayed at the Palio Bianco, a hotel right next to the Spanish Steps, but hardly noticeable as it only occupies the top floor of an old building...really neat, and right on top of the Metro...also just down the street whre we got the very best rates in exchanging our $$. In Florence, we stayed at the Croce di Malta,,really nice place, easy walking everywhere....enjoy!!!

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 02:54 AM
Steve

You could visit charmingflorence.com to find some information on what is available and see the pictures they have of the hotels. They also have a sight on Rome.

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 07:52 AM
Didem

David, my husband and I just got back from Italy last week. We stayed at the Hotel Raphael in Rome, and really liked it. The location is excellent (right behind the Piazza Navonna), within walking distance to everything! Our room was really interesting to, as it was 2 floors, with the bed upstairs and the bathroom/tv area on the first floor. Additionally we had a little balcony. In Florence we stayed at the Hotel Plaza Lucchesi which was right on the Arno River. This was also a very nice hotel. We got really lucky and had one of the top floor rooms with a balcony overlooking the river. I found both of these hotels on the Summit Hotels website. They had really good rates for both hotels. Good luck!