Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotels within walking distance of London's Waterloo Station?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2003, 07:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm helping neighbors plan their September trip to Europe. They land in London from the US and would like to overnight close to Waterloo Station. They're scheduled to take the Eurostar to Paris the next day. Not looking for luxury on this part of their trip--simple, clean and safe will be fine. I'm experienced with Priceline and Bidding for Travel, but I'm not sure which hotels are near Waterloo on the BFT London hotel list. Any recommendations from you seasoned travellers?
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 09:52 PM

The closest hotel would be TravelInn County Hall - but it is often fully booked due to its relatively cheap room rates and great location. It is walking distant to the hotel and right outside is the river and the London Eye. if they want to stay there they should book ASAP.

In the same building is the Marriott County Hall - but from what you say it is probably outside your friends' budget.
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 10:00 PM

The Marriott County Hall is a 4* in London's Westminster zone on Priceline and I think it often comes up for about $80/night (+ taxes and fees). Of course there are at least a couple other 4* hotels that also come up in the Westminster zone that are not so close to Waterloo Station.
Old Aug 8th, 2003, 07:58 AM

If the Marriott comes up at $80 a night that would be A BARGAIN. I suggest you recheck your numbers for I highly doubt if you could ever book this hotel for $80 a night. If you have done it, please post a copy of your bill to prove it. You should not fill people's minds with the idea that they might have a chance to book this Marriott for a mere $80!
Old Aug 8th, 2003, 08:02 AM

Look at http://www.biddingfortravel.com . It happens quite frequently that people bid successfully for this hotel in the $80-85 range, but don't forget the taxes and fees - the total probably comes to about $105-110 per night, considering the 17.5% VAT and Priceline's service charge.
Old Aug 8th, 2003, 08:24 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, all. The Travel Inn has availability for the night my neighbors need to stay there. Website showed a rate of 83 pounds/night.