Reload this Page >

hotels St. remy,Gordes,Avignon?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2000, 10:41 AM
Linda

Looking for small hotels in above cities, located in the towns, reasonable rates(up to 135 U.S. dollars)Include inns and bed and breakfast places. thank you in advance.

Old Jan 25th, 2000, 11:45 AM
Carrie

In Avignon, we stayed at Hotel Mignon. It was indeed cute, had a friendly staff, and affordable rates (approximately $20 - $25 per person).

Old Jan 26th, 2000, 09:12 AM
Sue

Check out Chateau de Roussan just outside of St. Remy

Old Jan 28th, 2000, 08:16 AM
Ruth

Sue, <BR> <BR>Is it possible to walk from Chateau de Roussan into St. Remy without risking injury either from traffic or the terrain? Also, I read in some guidebook a comment about the staff there being snooty--was that your experience? Would appreciate any first-hand knowledge you or anyone else has.

Old Jan 28th, 2000, 09:49 AM
Sue

Ruth, <BR>Sorry to disappoint you...I was told that that hotel was in the area Linda needs, but I really don't have first hand info...that's why I told her to check it out.

Old Apr 27th, 2000, 08:41 AM
Margo

MIGNON: 12, rue Joseph Vernet. Tel: 0490821730. Fax: 0490857846. E-mail: [email protected] (16 rms., 15 w/toilet & bath or shower.) 240F/37EUR single; 255F/39EUR double; 300F/46EUR triple; 400F/61EUR quad. Breakfast (7:30-10am) at 30F pp can be served in the room. Visa, MC. English spoken (Serge), cable TV w/BBC, stylish 2-bldg. hotel w/nicely furnished carpeted small pretty rms., nice bathrooms, ceiling fans, the hotel is divided into one old & one new bldg., I prefer the rms. in the older bldg.: #12 & 14 (both attic rms. w/wood-beamed ceilings) are for a double; #6 (large rm.), 4 (small rm.) & 7 (all bright rms. w/double beds, 1 twin bed & face back) are for a triple; #11 is for a family; all the rms. have double beds, if you want 2 beds you’ll have to get a rm. w/a double & twin bed, one rm. has a private toilet in the hall, Serge has a great English paperback library where you can exchange books you finished reading, soundproofed, great location, no elevator, 4 flrs. Owned/managed by Serge Faroux. Take a taxi.

Old Apr 27th, 2000, 11:24 AM
Boots

St-Rémy--Les Ateliers de l'Image. www.hotelphoto.com. e-mail:[email protected]. City center. 16 rooms. Well run by young people interested in photography. About 650 FF. <BR>Avignon--Hôtel Blauvac. FAX 4-90 86 27 41. City center. No lift. 16 rooms. Well run. About 350-450 FF. <BR>I have stayed in both and liked both.

Old Apr 28th, 2000, 09:17 AM
Anthony

Linda, <BR>My wife and I have stayed at a small hotel in St. Remy for the last seven years. It is clean, has a nice pool, garden--price is reasonable. We have become friends with the proprietor Christophe. You can walk in to town very easily. The hotel is L'Amandiere, phone, 011-33 4 9092 41 00. Give Anthony and Carole's best wishes to Christophe and Claudine!

Old May 10th, 2000, 05:28 AM
pitner

Linda: <BR>Stayed in Hotel Rousson for 5 days last summer and loved it. Staff was not "snooty" at all. They don't provide entertainment but they were always pleasant esp. at meals. You can easily walk into town along a beautiful country road , its about 1.5 miles ( a rough estimate). We found however that all we wanted to do was laze around beside the reflecting pool and watch the swans as we read a good book. this is the place to go to get a brief rest from the non-stop we tend to cram into every trip to France. So don't believe everything you read in guidebooks. HOpe this helps. <BR> <BR>Luck , Pitner