Search

Hotels near Roma Termini

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5th, 2015, 07:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels near Roma Termini

Hello everyone!

I will be traveling to Rome with my boyfriend this August. From what I've read, the heat is just grueling in Rome during that time of the year. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any sort of accommodation (it can be a hotel or bed and breakfast or even AirBnb) near Roma Termini that have air conditioning and will be running it during that time. It would be even better if we could control it from inside the room. I would like to stay around 100 euro/night but am willing to stretch the budget for this amenity.

I would appreciate any advice! Thank you in advance
Old Jul 5th, 2015, 08:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try Hotel Kennedy.

Thin
Old Jul 6th, 2015, 03:28 AM

I stayed just two weeks ago at the Hotel Termini, a budget hotel near the station, just for one night so I could catch an early train. It was about 32C (90F) when I was there, and the air conditioning was quite efficient. This is one of several small hotels in the same building, all under the same management. You check in at the Hotel Cherubini on the floor below.

There is an elevator in the building and the reception at the Hotel Cherubini is available round the clock. The staff were very cordial and helpful. They even lent me a charger, because I had brought the wrong one. They don't provide breakfast, and the wifi was too weak to be usable. Toiletries are minimal: soap and shower gel. However at less than €70 a night (for a single) I thought it was good value.

I used to stay in the Hotel Lucia, one of the other four hotels in the group, but it was full and obviously has changed management, so I don't know if things have changed there.
Old Jul 6th, 2015, 04:53 AM

We just stayed at Hotel Alpi two weeks ago, and it was very hot. Air conditioning was wonderful, and very close to Termini. We would recommend it for your stay. Breakfast was decent and WIFI was just fantastic.
Old Jul 6th, 2015, 05:18 AM

I just stayed in a new hotel with great air con and wifi quite close to Termini. Princeps Boutique Hotel. Cannot recommend it highly enough for amenities and comfort and staff.
Old Jul 6th, 2015, 05:39 AM

Meant to add, you should double check for every room, but in my room the air con was controlled by me with a thermostat. It was also possible to open the windows.
Old Jul 6th, 2015, 09:01 AM
Original Poster

I wanted to thank everyone for the replies so far! All of the hotels look really beautiful, comfortable and offer great A/C. I'm very happy about that I'm going to discuss it with my boyfriend and see what he thinks about it. Definitely looking into all of these recommendations from the Fodor's community.
Old Jul 6th, 2015, 12:53 PM

I stayed at the Best Western Canada House. It was within walking distance to the Termini (I was lugging a huge suitcase in the heat). It was a great hotel. I just checked the reviews and it is still highly rated. Good luck and have fun!