Hotels near MXP

Old Sep 2nd, 2001, 06:37 AM
Jan

Hotels near MXP

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to stay before catching a flight out of Milan MXP? I have heard there is a direct train from Mikan to MXP ( around 30 miles ) but was wondering if there was any nice place to stay closer that was convienient to the airport. Thanks for your help

Old Sep 2nd, 2001, 09:46 AM
cindy

Do a search on Villa Malpensa. Not the cheapest, certainly, but a VERY pleasant last night to your trip, and its so close to the airport, about 2 minutes away. It is a restored villa.

Old Sep 6th, 2001, 05:27 AM
FrauB

Villa Malpensa is not a good choice. We had a very noisy night there at a very high price. When we complained the next morning (since no one was at the desk during the night) we didn't even get an apology. When I returned home I wrote a letter stating my displeasure with the Villa and received no response. The Jet Hotel might be a better place to stay.

Old Sep 6th, 2001, 11:09 AM
P K Carnie

I've been desparaelty looking for one, and found very little. The Villa looks un peu cher, but my only alternative so far is Hotel Astoria, 10mins away in Gallarate. Its *** and doesn't look all taht exciting. I think I've pretty much decide dto take the Malpensa Express and stay in Milan near the station. There are many more hotels there. <BR>Good luck <BR>PK

Old Sep 6th, 2001, 11:38 AM
GAC

Try the Hotel Cervo, which is 5 minutes away in Somma Lombardo. It's inexpensive and clean, though a bit noisy. They have a website.