Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 06:25 AM
x

Hotels near Meteora, Greece

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 01:41 PM
x

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 01:54 PM
Grasshopper

You probably want to stay in Kalambaka. Here's a website with some hotels for you to check out. My guess is you aren't going to be hanging out in Kalambaka, you just want a place to sleep so I'd pick what appeals from the website.<BR><BR>http://www.newtravelage.com/europe/greece/mainland.htm<BR><BR>and<BR><BR>http://www.interdynamic.gr/vacprop.php?vacpropertyID=425<BR><BR>We stayed at the Divani, which was filled with tourists but with clean, comfortable rooms. The dining room was like the tower of Babel at night. Every language imaginable was being spoken!

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 01:58 PM
x

Thanks Grasshopper!! <BR>We are going to see the monasteries- is Delphi close enough to be based out of there as opposed to Kalambaka?

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 02:28 PM
california

I'd drive or take the train/bus on up to Kalambaka or Kastraki from Delphi and stay over at least one night--it's a 140 mile trip one way approx. And the monasteries are at least a full day's worth of activity, if you want to see more than one and you can beat the day hopper busses if you start early. It's a stunning hike between the various monasteries.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 02:53 PM
Grasshopper

I spent two nights, one in Delphi and one in Kalambaka, and thought both nights were worth the stay. Particularly Delphi since the small town is lovely, the views incredible and it's wonderful to visit the ruins after (or before) the daytrippers have gone home. If you're reluctant to drive (and I have no info about the trains in Greece) there are some tours that do all this and they are inexpensive and painless. <BR><BR>

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 05:10 PM
x

How awful & long is the drive between Kalambaka & Igoumenitsa? After we spend the night in Kalambaka we are driving to take the ferry to Corfu.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 04:50 AM
a