Reload this Page >

Hotels near Fiumicino Airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18th, 1999, 04:35 PM
Rachel

I am looking for a hotel near the fiumicino airport. As cheap as possible. Thanks in advance.

Old Oct 19th, 1999, 06:31 AM
Paulo

The closest hotel to Fiumicino Airport (about 2 km) appears to be the 3-star <BR> <BR>Hotel Mach 2 <BR>V. Portuense, 2465 <BR>00054 Fiumicino - Roma <BR>Phone (+39) 06-6506394, <BR>Fax 06-6505855 <BR> <BR>Somebody somewhere said you should be paying approx US 110. I've never used it. There might be cheaper options in Ostia (which is relatively close to the airport). In case you'll be in Rome and are thinking of changing hotels only because of an early flight, IMO it doesn't pay the trouble. Just enjoy your last night in Rome and ask the hotel desk to book you a taxi. <BR>Paulo <BR> <BR>

Old Oct 20th, 1999, 05:56 AM
elizabeth

We stayed at Mach 2 in March and paid 140,000 lire for a double room including breakfast and a free shuttle to the airport (5 minutes). <BR> <BR>

Old Oct 20th, 1999, 07:54 AM
Gino

According to the literature that I received from the Hotel Mach2, they supply shuttle service to airport from 7 to 10am/5-9pm Monday to Saturday. Breakfast is included with room rate, but is served from 7:30 to 10am. This could be a problem for those taking early morning flights from the airport. <BR>Taxi is 25,000 lire(approx $14) for 3km(1.75 mile) taxi ride.

Old Oct 20th, 1999, 04:21 PM
Rachel

THank you for your replies. they are extremely helpful. I am actually flying into the rome airport in the evening after the last train to siena leaves, so i have to stay the night and catch a morning train to siena. Unfortunately i will not be enjoying Rome's splendor.