Hotels in Venice, Florence, Rome

May 8th, 2002, 01:37 PM
Lena

Hotels in Venice, Florence, Rome

I am going to Italy this summer, and am trying to book some hotels on the internet, i have found tons within my budget (moderate budget), but am not sure of the area. Could anyone let me know where is a good area, easy access to sites, buses in Venice, Rome and Florence. Thank you

May 8th, 2002, 02:08 PM
tracy

One of the best budget and simple map books I have found is the Rick Steves Italy book availble at any good bookstore. Maybe he has a website. The book is small and concise and really walks you through all the areas of interest. All bus and train info included. Have a super trip!

May 8th, 2002, 02:31 PM
jenna

The Best Western Hotels are actually not bad. I know of two in Venice, the Montecarlo and Ala and there is at least one in Florence. The ones in Venice are on San Marco with easy access to everything. The one I mentioned in Florence is not far from the the train station but closer to the Duomo. Sort of a noisy area though.

May 8th, 2002, 02:37 PM
Capo

Hi Lena. In Rome, I've stayed in both the Spanish Steps area and, most recently, the Campo di Fiori/Piazza Navona area. They're both nice areas, but I prefer the latter.

In Venice, anywhere close to the Grand Canal -- in any of the sestieres -- would put you close to Venice's "buses", the vaporettos. I loved staying in the Dorsoduro sestiere, near Campo Santa Margherita, because it was away from the more heavily-touristed part of Venice.

May 9th, 2002, 05:44 AM
elaine

Hi Lena
I have files on those cities, and the files include comments on the various neighborhoods. If you'd like to see them, email me.