Hotels in Split, Croatia and Bol, Brac

Jun 14th, 2001, 07:55 AM
Julia

Hotels in Split, Croatia and Bol, Brac

This will be our second trip to Croatia and we wanted to stay in a little bit better hotel in Split than we did before - Bellevue. Does anyone know anything about the Hotels Split or Park?

Also has anyone stayed in Bol on the island of Brac? We went for the day but would like to stay there...Bretanide?

Thanks.

Jun 14th, 2001, 09:20 PM
Deb

Julia, I don't know when you are going but I am headed that way next week. I can let you know when I return what the nicer places are. I have heard that Hotel Split is nicer but farther out of old town.

Jun 15th, 2001, 05:45 AM
Rebecca

We're going there next week too but I'd like to stay in Trogir instead of Split. There's a bus between the two that only takes half an hour. It just seems like a more relaxed place to stay than in Split.

Jun 15th, 2001, 11:07 AM
Julia

Any information later would be appreciated! We are going towards the end of Sept.

I think Hotel Split is a bit farther but I am not sure if you can still walk into town or not.

We went to Trogir last time and it is very cute! The bus takes about 45 minutes..not too modern...but fine. You all should try and take the hydrofoil over to Brac or Hvar (very quick trips) while in Split if you have time.

Jun 15th, 2001, 12:33 PM
Rebecca

Julia,

Did you see the 12/26/99 article in the NY Times? The author stayed at the Bretanide and really liked it. See if you can get the article through the Times Archives. She describes it as a 247-room, pleasant, large, concrete resort hotel with swimming pool within walking distance of Bol town and Zlatni Rat beach. Also - clean, spacious and lovely room, new bathroom, comfortable, balcony. Dinner is served cafeteria style.

Jun 20th, 2001, 08:56 AM
Julia

I did see that! She also stayed at the Bellevue and said some nice things but I found it very run down!

Jun 20th, 2001, 11:57 AM
DAVE

Tho its been many years since I've stayed there, I have many fond memories of the Hotel Park in Split. I was close to everything in walking distance, and the grounds were comfortable. I don't recall having anything bad to say about the rooms, but I tend not to spend too much time in my room anyway. In any event, make sure and see the Mestrovic museum in Split, its truly amazing! Have a great time......