Hotels in Siena

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 05:12 PM
Susan

Hotels in Siena

Does anyone have any good hotel suggestions for Siena ? We will be staying there for 3 days.
thank you

Old Apr 9th, 2001, 04:11 AM
mac

Susan -

Can you be a bit more specific? Price range, whether you are travelling with a family, etc. etc.

Old Apr 9th, 2001, 08:03 AM
Susan

Sorry Mac
My husband and I will be travelling with our 2 adult children (ages 22 and 25 ) so we will need 2 rooms or 1 suite
we would like a nice clean hotel room for under 150.00 US each.if possible.
Thanks everone for your advice.
Susan

Old Apr 9th, 2001, 10:25 AM
Carol

We just returned and stayed overnight in Siena at the Palazzo Ravizza. The room was quite small, but the view of the Tuscan hills was astounding.

The room includes breakfast and either lunch or dinner; we opted for dinner and it was wonderful. They have nice sitting rooms and a lovely garden also.

Have a great time.

Old Apr 9th, 2001, 11:05 AM
Olivia

My husband and I stayed at the Palazzo Ravizza on our honeymoon. We loved it. I think the double rooms were in the $150-190 range. The dinner that was included was delicious.

Old Apr 9th, 2001, 02:28 PM
sally

I agree 100% w/ the above posters; the Ravizza could not be nicer!! I seem to remember the rooms being less expensive, but I could be wrong (stayed there in '98). Be sure to ask for rooms on upper floors on the back side so you can enjoy the incredible view!!

Old Apr 13th, 2001, 06:40 AM
Susan

Hello
Thank for the suggestions but the palazzo Ravizza was totally booked for our 3 day stay so we booked Villa Veronica just outside Siena. Has anyone stayed there ?
Thanks Susan

Old Apr 13th, 2001, 08:08 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Susan, Look at the Santa Caterina and the Piccolo Oliveta both just outside the Porto Romana. I just returned from the former but wished I had picked the latter. Both are 3 stars at about $120.
You can walk to the Campo in :15 and they have parking--if you request it.