Reload this Page >

Hotels in Santorini

Search

Hotels in Santorini

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Christian

Hotels in Santorini

Any recommendations for deluxe/A class hotels in Santorini? I was thinking of Atlantis Villas or Vedema Hotel. Only staying for 3 days, 2 nights.<BR><BR>Is it inconvenient to not stay in Fira?<BR><BR>thanks<BR><BR>CC

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 05:20 PM
Sue

Hi,<BR><BR>I have stayed at the Kakities and the Esperas in Oia. Both are wonderful. If you go during the busy season Oia might be nicer, quieter, but off season Fira would be great. Just make sure you have a room with THE VIEW.

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 05:26 PM
Sue

We stayed at Volcano View Villas, a class A or B, I think, with spectacular views of the caldera, a couple kilometers from town. The hotel provided shuttle service to/from Fira several times a day, and I think that's preferable to staying in town, esp. in high season.

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 05:58 PM
Mikki

Dear Christian,<BR>I stayed at both the hotels you are looking at in 2000. Search this site and you will find my comments. I think for 2 nights you may want the caldera experience. You will need to rent a car to see the island. (I'm sure there are buses and cabs but we rented a car).<BR><BR>The Vedema is wonderful but in the middle of nowhere. At least at Atlantis Villas, you can walk into Oia for dinner, etc. I'll check this site to see if you have further questions.<BR>

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 06:02 AM
michael

I have stayed at Zannos Melathron in Pirgos and Perivolas in Oia. The former is a really classy small hotel, not on the caldera (crater edge) but in a charming little village near the island's highest point, so excellent views. The service was top notch. I booked it through www.i-escape.com. Perivolas overlooks the caldera, has an infinity pool, all the classic Santorini views, but slightly less 'special'. Katikies also looked nice. I visited Vedemma for a wine tasting; it felt a bit like a 'resort village' pitched for groups; lots of activites on site, but setting not so inspiring. Did not stay there. We booked a hire car through autoeurope in Fira, which was fine. I think it is a good idea to be slightly outside Fira, which gets pretty busy in summer.

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 04:43 PM
Christian

thanks everyone for the recommendations. After a some research I think I want the "view" and I have now narrowed my choices to: Perivolas & Katikies? They both looked amazing in paper.<BR>Is one better than the other one?<BR><BR>thanks,<BR><BR>CC