Reload this Page >

Hotels in Rome - have you been there?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 11:50 AM
sarah

Hi <BR> <BR>Can you help? I can't decide between the Hotel Genio or Hotel Della Torre Argentina! <BR> <BR>Genio is 4* and Della Torre Argentina 3*, but there is not much in the price I have been quoted. Both hotels are in the location I want to be in. <BR> <BR>Any input - good or bad, much appreciated!

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 12:57 PM
RichardAB

As the poster child for the Hotel Due Torri, I must recommend it over the two choices you listed. The Due torri is in the same area but is a small friendly private run hotel on a quiet street. I have some more info and pics of it on my websight. <BR> <BR>http://home.earthlink.net/~richardab/ <BR> <BR>Follow the path <BR> <BR>Enter&gt;Fly&gt;Europe&gt;Rome&gt;Eat <BR> <BR>My sight also include some good restaurants choices and practical info. <BR> <BR>By the way, the Genio looked liked a nice hotel when I passed it. The only drawback is that it is on a very busy street, so it may be noisy. Rome is a noisy city. <BR> <BR>If you have any questions, let me know! <BR> <BR>RAB

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 01:05 PM
Judith

Hi Sarah, <BR>I'm sorry I don't know anything about your choices but here is a hotel we stayed at and you can go online and take a virtual tour of the hotel too. <BR> <BR>We stayed at the Hilton Cavelieri a 4 - 5 star hotel, high on a hill. It overlooks the entire city of Rome. Breathtaking views and an excellant hotel to stay in. We stayed there twice ! <BR>Has shuttles and taxi readily available. <BR> <BR>

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 03:53 PM
nancy

Sarah, <BR>How far ahead are you looking? <BR>We will be staying at Della Torre Argentina for a couple days this june, before we get our apt. <BR>I chose this because it is a few blocks from our apt., <BR>A travel agent said she has never had complaints from clients, <BR>They have a 2 bedrm suite for my family and the woman I dealt with, E-mail and fax wise was **very** prompt, accommadating and sweet. <BR>That goes a long way in my book. <BR>So, I can't tell you about the hotel, yet, but those are the reasons I chose it. <BR>The hotel is on a major road though, so it could be noisy (we have a "inside" suite with terrace) <BR>Is the Genio on a busy street?

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 05:25 PM
DebiC

Sarah, <BR>Did you find a website for the Genio. I tried looking but couldnt find anything. What made you pick them? <BR>I too am trying to find the "best" place to stay in Rome for October.

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 02:37 AM
sarah

Hi DebC <BR> <BR>Hotel Genio is owned by the Leonardi Hotel chain (they have many others in Rome including the Sistina). Just type in Leonardi Hotels on your address bar or try www.travel.it <BR> <BR>Chow!

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 02:37 AM
sarah

Hi DebC <BR> <BR>Hotel Genio is owned by the Leonardi Hotel chain (they have many others in Rome including the Sistina). Just type in Leonardi Hotels on your address bar or try www.travel.it <BR> <BR>Chow!

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 07:45 PM
Frank

I took my 74 year old mother to Rome in January of 1999 and stayed at the Genio (http://www.hotelsitaly.com/rome/genio/). We loved it. The room was nicely furnished, quite large and had a great bathroom. The breakfasts were great. We liked the location - lots of restaurants in the Plaza Navonna area and a short walk (15 minutes) to the Vatican in one direction or to the Spanish Steps or Colliseum areas in the other. I am planning to go with my wife to Italy this May, and will probably stay at the Hotel Genio again. The only thing that may hold me back is that the price in 1/99 was $120/night but for 5/01 is $190. <BR>

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 09:16 AM
Paula

Hi Sarah, <BR> My friend and I went to Rome in November and stayed at the Della Torre Argentina. It is on a very busy main road so definitely ask for a room in the back. It was o.k. at best. The rooms were small and decorated simply. We booked from the internet and I'll say that as usual, the pictures on the internet looked nothing like the rooms we had. Brochures always look better than reality. The location was great , though, as far as walking to everything. Enjoy your trip. Rome is WONDERFUL!!!

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 08:56 PM
xxx

Chow?

Old Feb 2nd, 2001, 06:45 AM
nancy

Paula, <BR>Question on Della Torre Argentina. <BR>we have booked the suite in back for the very few days we will be in rome and not in our apartment. <BR>Is the staff helpful and friendly? <BR>this is important to us, esp. as it is our first time in italy?

Old Feb 2nd, 2001, 10:18 AM
Sarabeth

the gregoriana is a beautiful small hotel.. the rooms are exquisite in art deco...top of the spanish steps...i would stay there in a minute..we made the mistake of cancelling for something less expensive and were VERY sorry..

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 12:08 PM
kim

We stayed at the Genio 4 years ago. Terrific location. Our room was pretty large, and the breakfast was hearty. Best of all: rooftop deck, where you can relax in the evening, looking out over Rome.