Hotels In Prague in Old Town, Less Quarter, Castle Area or New Town

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are celebrating our 40th in Prague so a bit of a splurge. We are looking for a 3-4 star hotel. The prices I have seen look very high for the last two weeks in May. The lower priced hotel seem to include breakfast and the higher you get, the less you get with the sticker price. I have looked at the Alchymist and they only have Queen beds (I know, I know, I have been through this before from previous trips to Italy that is a big bed, lol!).
If anyone has a good sugesstion, I would appreciate it. I know I am looking far ahead but am trying to put a budget together to see if we can afford to fly Business (old tired bones).
So obviously good beds, good location, quiet as we are not going to be putting the bars to bed and air conditioning and a nice breakfast. Thanks ahead.
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 05:44 PM

Hotel Paris (say Parisch) is lovely.
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 07:17 PM

We were there September and stayed at Royal Route Mansions, booked with booking.com We had a one bedroom apt for 100 euros per night. It was one block from the square and we really liked it.
Old Nov 21st, 2013, 07:06 AM

http://www.avehotels.cz/en/

Pick one.

Stating a budget helps with receiving more suggestions.

Don't stay by the Castle. It's at the top of a hill and not close to Old Town or Mala Strana. Do you want to walk up the hill every night?
Old Nov 21st, 2013, 07:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The only hotel I am very familiar with is the Savoy which is situated above the castle and is located directly on a major tram line, a station of which sits directly opposite the hotel entrance.

You can easily walk down the hill to the castle and you can obviously take the tram back UP that same hill.

The establishment used to be quite luxurious with fully marbled bathrooms and it had king-sized beds in some of the rooms. The breakfast was always excellent and the contents of the minibar in each room were totally complimentary. We found it to be an excellent location for our visiting purposes and the hotel car services were totally reliable.

It perhaps has changed over the years and may not meet your needs.
Old Nov 21st, 2013, 09:35 AM

HOtel rates are very high in May because that is during their annual international music festival which is extremely well-known. Hotels are booked up way in advance, as are many of the concerts. This is a really well-known festival, it's been going on annually for over 50 years. I've made special trips to go to it myself. It always runs from about May 12th through the first week in June.

So you aren't going to get any bargains during May.
Old Dec 6th, 2013, 07:14 AM

Hi,

Most of Prague hotels are quite cheap and nice, so mybe you were not lucky with your first search?
If you're looking at staying in the centre, the areas you should look for are Stare Mesto (old town), Nove Mesto (new town), Mala Stara, which are all nice locations. Some other good locations are Vinohrady, Holesovice, but you may have to use public transport.

You may find a couple of well located hotels on http://www.visit-prague.net/2013/11/...tral-location/

Have a nice stay in Prague!

Nicolas
Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 02:19 AM

Not sure what you are looking for. You say 3 - 4 * hotels but you have looked at Alchymist. That's 5*. Also I have looked at booking com for end of May and the fist hotel shown is Hotel Kampa 4* in Mala Strana for €103.00 per night for a double room. Is that too expensive for you? I know it's not a low season rate ( as I'm stay at this hotel for €130.00 FOR 3 NIGHTS) but still does not seem too high. As said above, stating your budget would help...
Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 02:20 AM

> I know it's not a low season rate ( as I'm stay at this hotel for €130.00 FOR 3 NIGHTS)

My stay will be for the end of January that's low season.
Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 04:42 AM

We stayed at Theatrino Hotel for one night a couple of years ago. Quiet and charming. Lovely breakfast in what was once a theater. Not right in the midst of things, but a lovely spot if you want to get the feel of the city away from the tourists.
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 06:34 AM

May is the busiest tourist season in Prague, so rates may be up. For an area, we enjoy Mala Strana. We stay in apartments, but this spectacularly romantic place caught our eye: http://www.alchymisthotel.com/en/

Booking.com always has a good selection and sometimes good pricing.