Reload this Page >

Hotels in Positano

Search

Hotels in Positano

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10th, 1999, 04:08 PM
Betsy

Hotels in Positano

How about some suggestions of pleasant hotels with a nice view in Positano for a reasonable price. We're planning on 3 days in late July. <BR>Thanks, Betsy <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Nov 12th, 1999, 04:40 PM
richard j. vicek

Good evening, Betsy <BR>Have not stayed at Positano, only Capri, <BR>Sorrento and Salerno, however here are <BR>a couple of urls to surf for information. <BR>www.venere.it/ <BR>www.hotelguide.ch/ <BR>www.enit/it (search data bases/hotels <BR>www.starnet.it/italy/positano/ <BR>www.starnet.it/italy/amalficoast/ <BR>touristicsite.syrene.it/ <BR>Good surfing, Richard of Hickory Hills, IL...

Old Nov 12th, 1999, 04:41 PM
richard j. vicek

Good evening, Betsy <BR>Have not stayed at Positano, only Capri, <BR>Sorrento and Salerno, however here are <BR>a couple of urls to surf for information. <BR>www.venere.it/ <BR>www.hotelguide.ch/ <BR>www.enit/it (search data bases/hotels <BR>www.starnet.it/italy/positano/ <BR>www.starnet.it/italy/amalficoast/ <BR>touristicsite.syrene.it/ <BR>Good surfing, Richard of Hickory Hills, IL...

Old Nov 12th, 1999, 04:42 PM
richard j. vicek

Old Nov 12th, 1999, 04:43 PM
richard j. vicek

Old Nov 12th, 1999, 06:45 PM
ellen

Betsy: I haven't stayed there myself but my aunt and uncle have stayed at the Poseidon in Positano several times and loved it. I don't know how expensive it is but I know it's more reasonable than San Pietro and Sireneuse. Ellen

Old Nov 22nd, 1999, 07:27 AM
bberrol

Betsy: In October, we stayed at La Fenice in Positano for three nights. Great views, very reasonable ($110 for a double), large apartment, and friendly service. Books way, way in advance. Have a great trip.

Old Nov 22nd, 1999, 10:31 AM
Robin K

Betsy: <BR> <BR>A few years ago, I too, stayed at La Fenice and it's a nice place. For best views, ask for a room "below" street level - their accommadations are split between those that are several flights above the street and those that are on the Mediteranean side, below street level. However this past April, I was back in Positano and stayed at another B&B recommended in Karen Brown's book called "Villa Rosa". I enjoyed my stay at the Villa Rosa as it's more conventiently located. And it is directly across the street from one of the more high-end hotels, Le Sirenuse. One night we went over the Le Sirenuse and enjoyed a happy hour in their lounge. If you can afford the tab, Le Sirenuse looks to be a fabulous place to stay, but it is a 5 star spot with a price tag to match. <BR>

Old Nov 22nd, 1999, 02:01 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Betsy, You do not mention what is your <BR>definition of reasonable. If you want <BR>a good 3 star check out the Casa Albertina---fabulous views. The Poseidon <BR>is a good 4 star but more expensive. <BR>July will be crowded and expensive. <BR>I would book now.