hotels in Paris

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 03:50 PM
Phyllis

hotels in Paris

My husband are going to Paris with a tour group and we are staying at the Grand Hotel des Balcons our first 2 nights. Has anyone stayed there? Thanks, Phyllis

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 12:30 PM
Alice

Phyllis, no one answered you probably because there is already a load of commentary on this hotel elsewhere on the board. Please try a search using the hotel name (or part of it) and then you will see a lot of comments...

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 03:40 PM
phyllis

Thanks Alice. I did find the comments about the hotel. The only concern I have is that it is not air conditioned. We are going the first part of June, do you think not having air condition will be a problem? Thanks..Phyllis

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 08:19 PM
Alice

Sorry, don't know about a/c.. have been to Paris in March, April, first week of May, and October. Didn't need it any of those times. June might still be mild enough to leave windows closed to cut street noise, if that's a problem. Anyone else have advice about A/C needs for June climate?

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 05:28 AM
Liz

We stayed at the Grand Balcons in mid-June last year. The street is very quiet, and we didn't need airconditioning.

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 06:30 AM
xxx

Air conditioning is not widely used in europe and it more an american concept. Don't let that stop you from having a great time, the tour group thing sounds scary than worrying about air conditioning...

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 03:15 PM
Phyllis

Thanks people.....I don't think my husband and I will worry about the A/C anymore. We are going June 7th through June 15th, so hopefully it will be okay without the air conditioning. We are going with a wine tour group from Napa, California. My husband is in the wine business and we are going with a winemaker/winery owner group that he puts together. There will only be 6 couples so it should be nice. It should be really exciting as we are going to places the average person cannot visit. Thanks again for all your help. Phyllis