Reload this Page >

Hotels in London with "American-sized" rooms

Notices

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 10:11 AM
John H

Hi, all,

Can any of you suggest hotels (or even specific rooms or types of rooms in those hotels) that would be on par in terms of size with US hotel rooms? This would be for a twin room. Price ideally in the 80-120 pound range. Kensington area would be a plus.

Thanks.

John H

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 10:44 AM
Sue

Had a nice room at the Rembrandt in Knightsbridge/S. Ken area.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 10:44 AM
Monica

Check out the Thistle chain. They have nice rooms, as large as the American standard, and aren't too expensive either.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 11:08 AM
Sally

The Landmark at Marylebone has huge rooms - the biggest in London, it says. (Although I'm afraid I don't know what "on par with US Hotel rooms" means.)
It's very expensive, but personally, I found it was value for money - wonderful service - courteous staff. I hope to stay there again for the 4th time in September.
By the way, you can view it on Fodors "rants and raves".

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 01:20 PM
another

I would also recommend the Rembrandt--across from V&A--Knightbridge/South Kensington. Not terribly expensive (I can't recall if we paid £130 or $130!)and nice hotel with very good sized rooms.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 01:54 PM
John H

Thanks for your responses so far.

John H.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 06:53 PM
Dan

Check out the Holiday Inn Mayfair. A four star hotel. Good sized rooms and baths. Similar to US with added bonus of most central location in London. They sometimes run specials that may be in your price range.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 07:14 PM
Leslie

John, check out www.thistlehotels.com - I just made a reservation at the Thistle Bloomsbury for a single room for 45 pounds per night including taxes and breakfast for 3 nights in November. There are many other specials that you might be interested in.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 07:56 AM
Julie

Hi John,

I would recommend the Thistle Hotels, too. Leslie, we really enjoyed the Thistle Bloomsbury. However, if you want an "American-sized" room at the Thistle Bloomsbury, you would need to upgrade to an Executive Room. Our first room, which was a standard, was nice but quite small. The Executive Room was perfect.

Julie

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 08:09 AM
Tammy

I stayed at the Avonmore which is in West Kensington. The rooms were quite large, along with a large bathroom with both a shower and bathtub. I think it was about 105 pounds. We always felt safe in the neighborhood, but it's a little bit futher out than South Kensington.