Reload this Page >

Hotels in Kitzbuhel, Austria

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 10:42 AM
Bob Clauss

Our family is considering Kitzbuhel for a ski vacation next season. Any hotel suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 12:21 PM
s

Hello Bob Clauss,<BR><BR>Funny you should ask -- I was just daydreaming about this hotel today!<BR><BR>Unfortunately, I didn't stay here overnight; I only had lunch in their dining room. But I was wowed with their overall ambiance -- almost want to go to Kitzbuehel just to stay there! I've seen photos of the rooms, and they look just as nice.<BR><BR>Anyway, it's Hotel Zur Tenne, right in the pedestrian area of cobblestone streets. You can find photos at www.abnet.at/hotel/welcome.htm or at www.tiscover.com if you follow links to "Austria" then "Tirol" then "Kitzbuhel." It's a four-star.<BR><BR>Good luck!<BR><BR>s

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 07:18 AM
Debbie

Bob,<BR><BR>Do a search for Zell am See. I wrote of a couple of hotels we stayed at there. Very scenic with the famous lake and great restaurants. It is very close to Kitzbuhel. We have skiied also in Solden. Check it out. It has some famous runs and the town is very non-touristy and scenic. You can ski there as early as Columbus Day. the hills in the town will still be green and filled with sheep and cows wearing bells. There is also a rushing stream that runs through the town that will lull you to sleep. If I remember correctly, I believe we stayed at the Montana in Solden. Excellent food and presentation. Made the mornings and evenings something to look forward to with half pension! Good luck and have a great trip.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 08:16 AM
Ingo

Soelden non-touristy??<BR><BR>This must be a joke. It is probably the MOST touristy place in the Alps in winter!<BR><BR>It is noisy, offers every sort of apres-ski and fun - and good skiing by the way.<BR><BR>Would not be my choice, though.<BR><BR>Regarding Kitzbuehel - it is not very snow reliable due to low altitude. But offers good skiing, good apres-ski and quality accommodation/food.<BR><BR>Ingo

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 10:42 AM
Lucy

We stayed in the Park Hotel during a ski trip several years ago and were very pleased with the hotel and its restaurant.