Reload this Page >

Hotels in Karlstad, Sweden

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2001, 12:30 PM
Iowa_Al

On the off chance that anyone has been to Karlstad, Sweden, do any of you good folks have any thoughts or suggestions, good or bad, you would care to share about hotels in Karlstad? We are looking for a hotel in the medium price range, not super-deluxe but nice, that is within walking distance of the train station. <BR> Thanks much. <BR> Iowa_Al

Old May 4th, 2001, 01:11 PM
Boots

I have been to Karlstad, but did not stay overnight. This won't be much help to you, but every (nearly, I suppose) railway station in Sweden has a room-finding service. I don't think you will have any trouble finding one there. Hotels fill more slowly in summer than the rest of the year due to heavy business travel and light tourist travel. The nice thing is that hotels are generally cheaper in summer. Boots

Old May 5th, 2001, 05:17 PM
Iowa_Al

Thanks for the input, Boots, I guess Karlstad is not real high on the "must see" list. <BR> Iowa_Al

Old May 8th, 2001, 08:55 AM
Allen

Hi Al, letīs see if I were you Iīd try Stadt Hotel. There are in almost every town/city in Sweden, always located in downtown area not far away from train station.

Old May 8th, 2001, 12:00 PM
Iowa_Al

Allen, <BR> Thank you for the input. The info I received from the Karlstad Tourist Office lists a Stadshotellet. I will try to contact them. <BR> Thanks again. <BR>Iowa_Al <BR>