Driving times: Italy

Old May 7th, 2001, 04:46 PM
Sally

Driving times: Italy

We will be doing a lot of driving in Italy in June, including Rome to Florence, Florence to Venice, and Venice to Milan and beyond. Can anyone refer me to a resource that maps out driving times and distances for these cities or all of Italy? Thanks!

Old May 7th, 2001, 05:00 PM
wes fowler

Sally,
Go to
http://www.michelin-travel.com/eng/s....cgi?Flash=Oui

Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the small map showing your routing. There, you can click on a detailed routing.

Old May 7th, 2001, 05:48 PM
liz

Sally also try www.mapquest.com it's a great site, have tons of directions printed out for my own trip to Italy this summer.
Have fun

Old May 7th, 2001, 06:24 PM
richard

Try Mappy.com----it's a different site than Mapquest. What I like about it is you can type in a whole itinerary, and it spits out info in segements.

Old May 8th, 2001, 11:10 AM
taylor k

Don't drive! Take the train. much better.

Old May 8th, 2001, 11:41 AM
m

Mapquest gives mileage and approx. time. We recently did a similar trip and found the approx. time given by mapquest is more than it actually is. It all pretty easy driving until you enter the towns themselves. Then it's another story but doable if you stay calm and have a good navigator.

Old May 8th, 2001, 01:22 PM
ellen

You can also try www.euroshell.com for a route planner.