Hotels In Florence

Mar 29th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Original Poster

Hotels In Florence

Can anyone recommend a very nice hotel in Florence that ranges from $275-$350 per night?

Mar 29th, 2005, 08:23 PM

I will be staying 5 nights at Hotel Degli Orafi in early April. I have read some nice things about this hotel and it meets your price range. This hotel contains the room of the movie 'A Room with a View'. I received a special rate thru www.initaly.com.
Mar 29th, 2005, 08:28 PM
rex

Read these comments...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...e_Tuscany.html

and maybe you will choose to spend less than you were planning.

Somewhat surprisingly, it is not listed under Fodor's "Rants'n'Raves" (click on "hotels" at the top of this web page). By contrast, you'll find plenty of glowing remarks here on the forum - - http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34541970 for example.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I have never stayed there.

Best wishes,

Rex
Mar 30th, 2005, 05:53 AM

The B&B In Piazza della Signoria is very nice. A few of the rooms look out over the famous piazza itself. Wonderful breakfast, beautiful hotel and immaculate rooms.
Mar 30th, 2005, 06:45 AM

We just stayed at the Palazzo Magnani Feroni in the Oltrano district of Florence. I have been to Florence several times before and stayed at the Westin Excelsior. The Excelsior is nice,however, in the future it will be the Palazzo Magnani Feroni for us.
The service is excellent and the rooms are the size of large apartments and furnished in a sophisticated European style. It is close to wonderful shopping and restaurants as well. This palazzo is reviewed in Karen Brown's guides and website as well as on trip advisor. Hope this helps, enjoy your stay in beautiful Florence!
Mar 30th, 2005, 06:49 AM

We stayed at the Bernini Palace. Although the lobby is going through renovation and you have to walk to the second floor for the elevator, the rates were well within your range. The rooms were very nice and it was near Uffizzi and Santa Croce. Our rate included a nice breakfast although we could have done without it and maybe saved money. I think we booked via Venere.com but you may get a better rate directly through the hotel.

When I get a few moments, I will do my full report of the big 3.

By the way, since I haven't done my report, if you are interested in restaurants, check out Sandra Gustafson's book on Italy. Great restaurants and they are done by neighborhoods.
Mar 30th, 2005, 06:52 AM
SRS

Janelle,

We stayed at Tourist House Ghiberti last August and really loved it! It was the gem of the trip. This B&B is certainly within (really below) your price range.

The year before we stayed at the Hotel Savoy, which is a really great luxury hotel. We got a great deal when we stayed, so I am not sure of prices today, but it may be near the higher end or over your range. I would recommend it as well.

However, overall I liked the Ghiberti better because it had more charm and was a much better price.

Have a great trip!
Sally
Mar 30th, 2005, 06:52 AM

Hotel Hermitage near the entrance of the Ponte Vecchio, hotel starts on third floor. Breakfast and drinks on top of building with great views of Florence. Gelato place right downstairs, steps from Piazza del la Signiora and the Uffigi.
Mar 30th, 2005, 07:48 AM

The Hotel Pierre. Delightful location and excellent service provided. What more could one ask? Breakfast and bar (located in the lobby) were top-notch.

BC
Mar 31st, 2005, 06:30 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the responses. Unfourtunately Tourist House is unavailable for out dates even though we aren't traveling until Sept. I will check into the others.
Mar 31st, 2005, 07:16 AM

I just booked the Montebello Splendid for 3 nights in April. Has anyone ever stayed there? We got a Deluxe room for 299. They usually run anywhere from 299-520 euros. Check out the site! http://www.hotel-florence-montebellosplendid.com/

Mar 31st, 2005, 08:14 AM

How about the Morandi alla Crochetta? It's located on the Via Laura -- close to the Piazza SS. Annunziata. We stayed there a few years ago and thought it was very nice. Lots of charm and good sized rooms. Breakfast is extra, but you can always grab something out.
Mar 31st, 2005, 08:19 AM

Check out Beacci Tornabuoni 3*, we've stayed there four times now...our favorite hotel in Italy. A wonderful staff.

www.bthotel.it

Lots of reviews on rants and raves
Mar 31st, 2005, 08:23 AM

janelle6,

We stayed at the Antica Torre di via Tornabuoni a year and a half ago and loved it, and I think it's in your budget. It's more a B&B than a full-service hotel, but it has only 12 rooms, most with great views (we could see the Duomo clearly from our picture window) and is in a great location. Website is www.tornabuoni1.com. If you click on my handle, you'll eventually find my trip report with a description of the hotel.

We considered the Beacci Tornabuoni, but I believe that's a bit out of town and we wanted to stay within walking distance of everything.
Mar 31st, 2005, 08:31 AM

Hi Janelle6-

We stayed at the Helvetia & Bristol in 2001 and it was very nice and grand. Walking distance to everything, but yet not right on the main square so it was a bit quieter.
Mar 31st, 2005, 06:24 PM

Danielle
What was the price range for Palazzo
Magnani Feroni?
Apr 1st, 2005, 05:36 AM

Another vote for The B&B In Piazza della Signoria. We stayed there 3 years ago and the Inn is in immaculate condition. The rooms are beautiful, we had Michelangelo room and it was overlooking Piazza della Signoria. They bring breakfast to your room. And what a breakfast it is!!! The B&B is spotlessly clean.
Apr 1st, 2005, 06:19 AM

We stayed 5 nights and paid for four. It worked out to 200 Euro/night for the 4 nights we paid for (so total bill was 800 euro for 5 nights).
For this level of service and accomodation it was a great deal. Our apartment consisted of two extremely large rooms with a wonderful bathroom. In addition, if you will be there during nice weather, the hotel can arrange for a private dinner on the roof top terrace overlooking all of Florence. There are also great restaurants and shopping nearby. Do not miss an incredible and romantic meal at Cavolo Nero. Le Barrique is nearby and wonderful as well.

You can e-mail the hotel from the website and inquire as to specials and should most likely get one.
Apr 1st, 2005, 10:33 AM

Another vote for Antica Torre Tournabuoni, my very favorite spot in Florence when I can afford to splurge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO