Hotels in Florence

Mar 26th, 2001, 10:04 AM
Larry

Hotels in Florence

My wife and I are planning a trip to Italy May 30 through June 13. We would like to stay about 5 days in Florence and take day trips into Rome and maybe Milan. Can anyone give me advice on a reasonably priced hotel in Florence? I would like to keep the price between $75-$100 if that is possible.

Mar 26th, 2001, 10:24 AM
sandi

Larry, you should try a search on this forum and you'll get many options, as well as, website info you can go to that'll have more options. I'm afraid you may not get many responses to your message because it's been answered so many times. Good Luck.

Mar 26th, 2001, 01:03 PM
xxxx

Hello, Larry,
We stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago and liked it very much. Dominque, the owner is a charming man who will make every attempt to accomodate you. The hotel is very nice. At that time, in March, it was around $80.00 per night.
I did a search "Hotel Lombardi" and found it listed several times in Fodor's. Here is a sample:

Message: Hi, Anthony. We stayed at Hotel Lombardi ( as mentioned by Tom ) this April. The hotel is just 1-2 blocks from the stazione & the area around this place is generally safe. The staff & owner of the hotel are very helpful & friendly & yes, it is within walking distance from the Duomo. The email add : [email protected]. Enjoy yr trip - U love ITALY...

This author is correct, you will love Italy!

Mar 26th, 2001, 03:42 PM
Pier-Mauro Mazzadi

Larry, over the past 4 or 5 years I 've referred a lot of American friends visiting Florence to "Relais Cestello"
and they all liked it very much.
It's a recently restored "inn" with only 8 or 9 rooms, all of them with bathrooms. It's in Piazza Cestello 9 (on the banks of the Arno river) about
half a mile downriver from the famous Ponte Vecchio (Old Bridge). Here are the phone no.s: (055)280632; 280633; Fax: 280631. The price shold be around 90 dollars for a double. Once in Florence do not miss these 3 things: 1.Boboli Gardens (closed on Mon. Enter from courtyard of Pitti Palace, climb all the way up through amphitheatre and wander all the way down to Porta Romana exit);
2.a climb up to the top of the DOME of the Duomo/Cathedral;
3.a visit to the imposing Medici Burial Chapel (Cappelle Medicee) very close to Duomo/Cathedral, behind San Lorenzo church.
Enjoy your stay,
Pier-Mauro Mazzadi,
Florence, Italy

Mar 26th, 2001, 03:53 PM
Pier-Mauro Mazzadi

P.S.: why not go to Venice instead of Milan ? Although kind of expensive (both for stay and food) and maybe already kind of crowded at the end of May, Venice for sure would be such a unique experience.... certainly more so than Milan... the train ride to Venice from Florence is less than two hours (by Eurostar train) and will cost around 20 dollars each for 2nd class tickets. Go to Venice, at least for one day.... take an early morning train from Florence and you can be in Venice at around 9 am then, perhaps, in the late afternoon you can board another Eurostar train to Milan and sleep there...
PM